Countering Panth 1v1

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rysan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-29-2010

please. how does one do this? i need to know before i pull my hair out.

Pesterer

11-29-2010

banshees, cleanse, silver sash

possibly merc treads too. He's very squishy outside his stun

RoflTroll

11-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesterer View Post
banshees, cleanse, silver sash

possibly merc treads too. He's very squishy outside his stun
^no, more recent trend in Panth is spear spam, which neither cleanse nor sash will help in the slightest.

The answer to panth usually is armor, but since I don't know which champ you're playing, it's hard to specify which item to go for

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2010

if you are forced to lane against a panth as a ranged carry, try to make this realization before the game starts (assuming you are playing draft). You have the time and opportunity to edit your starting masteries and runes and start build to support you. A little armor goes a long way, as does dodge. remember than when buying items, op for more hp pots and a cloth armor perhaps, or get a doran's shield rather than a doran's blade. Spec into Defense to get armor and dodge. I recently did this in a MF game and was able to keep my CS up, not die, and end up carrying my team pretty convincingly.

There is also an all-star cast of about: 6-8 champs that are not even effected by panth, and lane against him very well and solo very well. I'll leave that to you to figure out who those champs are.

Istanur

11-29-2010

First, make sure you have purchased the correct graphics card to counter Pantheon. Unfortunately for myself my fastest computer has his ultimate ring invisible and so I have to hop onto my slow computer if I am to have any chance at surviving. Guaranteed 1,000 damage ult and his combo is pretty much a dead squishy every time. If this bug doesn't apply to you then your lucky and Pantheon shouldn't be much of an issue.

PlatStrats

11-29-2010

i usually play as pantheon, i use my ult to gank people,but one flaw that i notice most is my ult can be blocked by a banshes veil {fail spelling}. so i recomend getting mercury treads or boots that give dodge/magic resist.then a banshes veil,thornmail then get a guardian's angel and then w/e u want. i gave out these items because if u block his ult he will use his other ability's and try to finish u off with basic attacks. while hitting himself u will take a lot less damge because of the armor, if he does manage to kill you ur gaurdians angel can give u another chance.

Rysan

Master Recruiter

11-29-2010

thanks for the info guys. i PROBABLY should have specified my usual champs with which i would normally encounter panth in a solo lane. those champs have recently been trist, mf, and kennen. in all instances, i would just get rocked by constant spear shots and would really have no choice but to take them in the face. suggestions?

Doriantv

11-29-2010

Get a Chain Vest. If that fails, Thornmail or Randuin's.

And now, he's tickling you.

Chingmeister

11-29-2010

Any ranged champ + wriggles lantern. GG.

GhostDieM

11-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rysankun View Post
thanks for the info guys. i PROBABLY should have specified my usual champs with which i would normally encounter panth in a solo lane. those champs have recently been trist, mf, and kennen. in all instances, i would just get rocked by constant spear shots and would really have no choice but to take them in the face. suggestions?
I don't know if you already do this but I find a lot of people don't stay on the move much in the laning phase. When you are tower hugging or hiding behind your minions always keep moving so it's harder for the enemy to pinpoint you and hit you with, in this case, panth's spear. Whatever you do, don't stand still, move > attack > move, rinse and repeat. Also try to avoid patterns like walking in circles or continously moving from left to right since then they'll be able to predict where you are going.
By doing this I can usually dodge most of panth's throws, only when I get in close range (I usually play melee champs) can he get a spear off because the distance to dodge it is just too small. But especially as a ranged champ you should be able to stay behind your creeps or hugging your tower while moving around so his chances of hitting you are very small. His spear takes up a lot of mana early game and after he's missed a few throws you'll probably start noticing he stopped spamming them giving you more room to farm.