[Guide] How to Counter Warwick

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Delinphius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-27-2010

Warwick is such an easy kill it makes me wonder how he manages to rape people. First if he cant jungle hell be under leveled fast. A good jax player will rape Warwick and a good AP Ezreal will murder warwick with true shot.

aznwillyy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-27-2010

necro much? >>

Helicrom

04-27-2010

Why is this up on the first page of forums? This is a pretty bad guide. As we have already said this was Boost during beta. I cannot endorse any strategy that involves 2 of my team members using clairvoyance every single game!

Teemo, TF, Twitch, Eve, Shaco all give WW trouble. Agree 100% with picking better Champs!

dexter15

07-06-2010

for countering warwick just say one word and he will escape like a scared doggy: SINGE
Singe is the total WarWick counter, just think about that. I played singe for months, and never a warwick has been able to chase me.

KittensDeluxe

07-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicrom View Post
Why is this up on the first page of forums? This is a pretty bad guide. As we have already said this was Boost during beta. I cannot endorse any strategy that involves 2 of my team members using clairvoyance every single game!

Teemo, TF, Twitch, Eve, Shaco all give WW trouble. Agree 100% with picking better Champs!
Reply to an old post I know but. . .

Twitch is not at all a problem to WW, in fact it is quite the opposite, at least now. Recently with Twitch on the free rotation I took Warwick almost exclusively because he is a hard counter to Twitch.

Twitch is squishy and has to use positioning and timing to get his damage in, Warwick has a blink/stun that does considerable damage, shutting out Twitches attack based damage and letting him be focused down almost instantly.

Shaco and Eve can be annoying for sure, but with eve its as simple as getting vision and taking her out before she lands her stun, like a twitch but more proactive.

KittensDeluxe

07-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter15 View Post
for countering warwick just say one word and he will escape like a scared doggy: SINGE
Singe is the total WarWick counter, just think about that. I played singe for months, and never a warwick has been able to chase me.
I've done just fine against singed as warwick, saving your blink if you can and grabing a phage/frozen mallet always does the trick, but blood scent can easily allow warwick to overtake an insanity potion singed.

HolyMonkee

07-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyrus View Post
This is true but how many good players actually pay attention to the other teams spells.
I main Warwick and I will never ult someone with cleanse. Although they have taken away the self-stunning part of his ult if it does get cleansed off, it's till a waste of an ultimate. Warwick should ALWAYS be aware of who has cleanse and how recently they have used it.

leonresevil2

07-25-2010

Unless I read it wrong, the description for Warwick's ult mentions that it is uncleanseable, so Cleanse should not be a counter in the list. Of course, that leaves mainly Clairvoyance and distruption as counters to him. I have to wonder if he really needed the buff to be uncleansable, so maybe I did read it wrong.

Advanced Blood

08-09-2010

I'd say as long as you had an exhaust, and as stated in the guide. Always knowing the location of his whereabouts you should be fine. He can't do much unless your alone or in his small range.

Silvtalon

08-09-2010

Coming from some one that plays warwick only for a while and usually coming out a win or lose match with more kills then deaths by 2.5x. Warwick is pretty weak against anyone at early stage that has any type of stun. Stuns even at late game seam to be the bane to warwick depriving him of his dodge making it easier to take him out.

Snares on the other hand slow him down some what, if your silly enough to chase warwick when your hitpoints are at 50% or less you will only buff him so he can run faster. Anyone at 50% or less with in his bloodscent radius will ensure he gets away pretty effectively most of the time. If you don't have the speed to catch him, keep up or kill him fast just let him go. Chasing warwick will ensure your death pretty quick as the team will be in pursuit coming right at you. As you try to gank warwick at low health.

As for disrupting warwick while he rampages in the jungle on the npcs is a good and all fine tactic but honestly. It's pointless he will usually be close enough to allow his buddies to pounce you. It may be better for you to earn your exp and gold else place vs trying to find a wolf in the woods. =)