[GUIDE] Rammus the Defensive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raiqualar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-01-2010

I may be mistaken but I believe thornmail only returns 25% of damage taken. In other words, if someone hits you, armor is calculated, then you take the reduced damage, and thornmail returns 25% of the damage after armor. I'm not sure about this, but if so than it's useless to get thornmail.

Garborg

01-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiqualar View Post
I may be mistaken but I believe thornmail only returns 25% of damage taken. In other words, if someone hits you, armor is calculated, then you take the reduced damage, and thornmail returns 25% of the damage after armor. I'm not sure about this, but if so than it's useless to get thornmail.
Hmm, well still decent Armor. And in team fights I get focused a lot.

Raiqualar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-01-2010

It might be useful for someone like mundo who likes to stack hp, but for rammus there are better items for the cost.

EDIT: I've realized it does add the most armor for one item, so it is better than I originally thought.

MeanBean

01-01-2010

You dont get thormail to kill people, you get thornmail because if 5 players focus you and does 2000 damage to you, then you did 500 damage to them for no effort. Its a very cheap item as well, considering the armor you get.

Zeclion

01-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiqualar View Post

This was changed on Thornmail a couple of patches ago. The 25% of damage returned is calculated before armor.

So if a Yi hits you for 1000 damage before armor it will return 250 damage to him and we will only take like 500 damage (assuming 50% damage reduction) after armor.

HowlingKommando

01-01-2010

Banshee's Veil is almost always a must imo. It solves mana issues, and it allows Rammus to initiate MUCH MUCH easier. The worst is getting stunned before reaching the target, and BV solves that.

I actually don't recommend Guardian Angel, as I find the special attribute on the item is rarely put to good use. Most of the time I die, I'm in a tight spot and just die again right after. Basically, you're better off not dying in the first place.

I've also never been a fan of stacking Sunfires. You're essentially paying 1000 for the 40 magic damage passive. Not really worth it IMO. So I'd recommend Warmog's over it since remember you have high natural resistance with Curl, so lots of HP is important.

I also tend to get Aegis on Rammus since you'll almost always be fighting with your team anyway.

Interesting tip with the Boots of Mobility, I have never tried that.