Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Surrender - Your Shortcut to a Shorter Game!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Zafrada

12-01-2010

You are my mentor.

Ferias Terras

Recruiter

12-01-2010

I'm disappointed. For a guide, this lacks certain information! What comes to mind is, of course, exactly how long it takes between surrender votes, and the fact that the /ff command is the same as /surrender but takes less time to type, guaranteeing even faster surrenders!

Ferias Terras

Recruiter

12-01-2010

I'm disappointed. For a guide, this lacks certain key information! What comes to mind is, of course, exactly how long it takes between surrender votes, and the fact that the /ff command is the same as /surrender but takes less time to type, guaranteeing even faster surrenders!

Threpe

12-01-2010

Wasn't it a joke? People seem to be taking this seriously ....

Teemo Kanye West

12-01-2010

I f your getting gangbanged six ways from sunday, but your team won't surrender, then usually the "Ok if we get aced one more time..." strategy to persuade them works pretty well.

EarthruneSkarner

12-01-2010

Quote:
CaptnjOE:
Interesting, it made me "lol". What you really need to do, though, is advise the person who wants to surrender it to not trash talk his team. I will refuse to surrender (even if defeat is going to happen sooner or later) if the person who wants to stop is cussing me out non-stop, just so that I can make him wait to start a new battle. If the person has a legit reason for wanting to stop or is at least semi-polite, I'll surrender, but you won't find me surrendering if you want to be a/n (insert expletive here) to me.

Just saying, you might want to add that to your guide. 'cause I know I'm not the onlly one who feels that way.

The better players know how to sow the seeds of discord and defeat without putting anyone down.

Teamius2041

12-01-2010

I found this so called 'guide' to be extremely useless. It goes against the Summoner's code and encourages hate among players. The guide says that if you have one bad experience in any part of the game you should just quit... This is a fighting game! Champions will die on both sides, that is one of the points of the game. Though the true goal isn't getting the kills but winning.

I'm not going to lie, I am a noob, I've played for a little less then a month of this game. My best record is like 4/10 but my assists are about 20 each game. I've been ganked, been killed with 2 on 1, or just plained sucked against only 1 enemy and lost horribly. But I don't quit because of it, because even though I die it does not mean the end of the world. You say that 1 bad part should mean the game is completely over and that you should just stop, will you say that if at your job your boss yells at you once because your late? No, would you say that if you played Call of Duty and died one time in the game? No. So why would you say that in this?

Just because your not getting the last hits or not staying alive as long as you would like doesn't mean to call the game, if so no game would ever be finished and all would end at 25 min exactly.

Heck i even played a 3v3 where both my teammates quit on me as soon as the game started. So it was 1v3, did i quit? No... mostly due to the 25 min mark. So i played, death almost 17, kills 0, assists 0. Other team said just drop out, no point. I stayed and as Rammus (Lucky i picked a tank, huh) I destroyed two towers and a inhibiter before they won. At the end of the game i was getting praise, not hate or rant from the other team, and was asked of all three to be a friend. Also, I had fun with that game, because I was challenged with an impossible task and did better then most would give credit for.

My main point is, you shouldn't quit because your not doing well. Quitting if you have players that left, sure that is completely understandable. Forcing your team to quit by cussing, nagging, or hate... Just not worth it, I usually immediately ignore people like that just so i can quit reading their constant whining and still against the summoner's code.

SilentWhisper

12-02-2010

Quote:
Teamius2041:
I found this so called 'guide' to be extremely useless. It goes against the Summoner's code and encourages hate among players. The guide says that if you have one bad experience in any part of the game you should just quit... This is a fighting game! Champions will die on both sides, that is one of the points of the game. Though the true goal isn't getting the kills but winning.

I'm not going to lie, I am a noob, I've played for a little less then a month of this game. My best record is like 4/10 but my assists are about 20 each game. I've been ganked, been killed with 2 on 1, or just plained sucked against only 1 enemy and lost horribly. But I don't quit because of it, because even though I die it does not mean the end of the world. You say that 1 bad part should mean the game is completely over and that you should just stop, will you say that if at your job your boss yells at you once because your late? No, would you say that if you played Call of Duty and died one time in the game? No. So why would you say that in this?

Just because your not getting the last hits or not staying alive as long as you would like doesn't mean to call the game, if so no game would ever be finished and all would end at 25 min exactly.

Heck i even played a 3v3 where both my teammates quit on me as soon as the game started. So it was 1v3, did i quit? No... mostly due to the 25 min mark. So i played, death almost 17, kills 0, assists 0. Other team said just drop out, no point. I stayed and as Rammus (Lucky i picked a tank, huh) I destroyed two towers and a inhibiter before they won. At the end of the game i was getting praise, not hate or rant from the other team, and was asked of all three to be a friend. Also, I had fun with that game, because I was challenged with an impossible task and did better then most would give credit for.

My main point is, you shouldn't quit because your not doing well. Quitting if you have players that left, sure that is completely understandable. Forcing your team to quit by cussing, nagging, or hate... Just not worth it, I usually immediately ignore people like that just so i can quit reading their constant whining and still against the summoner's code.

these are the best posts in these threads lol, the whole point of the "guide" was to make fun of people who surrender, it's not serious. read inbetween the lines, there's sarcasm and humor (mostly sarcasm) all over the place.

Chaserone

12-02-2010

Ive had games where a player spammed the surrender vote and I was running down and to the right on my screen and accidentally clicked the yes button. That really ticks me off, especially when we are winning. It's never caused an actual surrender, but it's really inconsiderate.

And yes, the guide is funny. I thought that it was well thought out, even though it gives people ideas who can't see it for the joke that it is.

MadDetective

12-02-2010

Quote:
Miltus:
+1
In before

"Forcing my team to play in a game we are extremely unlikely to win is a manly and honorable thing!"

"I''ve totally won 3v5 before!"

"Why did my team surrender?! We had a perfectly good 0.01% chance to win! NOOBZ"

Doesn't understand satire?