[Guide] Surrender - Your Shortcut to a Shorter Game!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gom99

11-27-2010

I can't count the number of times I died because someone decided to start a surrender vote in the middle of battle. It throws me off more than it should. I stop to think why they decided to surrender at this particular moment, and I start to think about that, lol.

I believe I've played with some people that read this guide today. Had at least 2 games that were dead even, that we ended up winning, where people were spamming surrender and calling it a lost cause, lol.

Fatalsaurus

11-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltus View Post
+1
"I''ve totally won 3v5 before!"
I've totally won 3v5 before!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1356497/only...%20do%20it.png

Smurfing is evil and no one should do it.

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2010

/ff = /surrender

Alternatively, you can find the surrender option in the esc menu!

ProRap1st

11-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runix View Post

The best way is to just be extremely negative and try and say that it's a total lost cause: "come on guys were going to lose neway just surrender", "i have to go can we plz just end this", "they r owning us", "they r so fed thx for feeding them", "gg", etc.
TL;DR, how to troll your own team to defeat.

Haruhiist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2010

This guide isn't helpful towards the community at all.

It's just teaching people who don't know when they can play and when they can't - usually because they just can't resist entering a game even if they don't have at least 1 hour to spare - how to get out of their own mistake.

You should be ashamed, dude.

locke03

11-28-2010

Best. Guide. Evar.

+1 internets for you good sir.

Jig McGalliger

11-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProRap1st View Post
TL;DR, how to troll your own team to defeat.
Makes the guy surrendering the major problem, NOT the rest of his team voting down the surrender

I gotta say that trying to distract you team in the middle of a team fight that could possibly be the comeback you need to pull a win out by bringing up the surrender vote console makes you kinda a ****, and probably is a breach of the code. Either way its not very nice at all.

Also lasting an hour and a half and losing still gives you about the same as IP as lasting 45 minutes and losing

Janam

11-29-2010

I'm surprised at how one-sided the thread is, but I guess it does explain why I'm sometimes stuck in games with people who insist on slowly losing over a period of 55 minutes rather than moving on with their lives.

Let's be clear: I'm not saying one should give up at the first sign of trouble. Everyone's been in their share of matches that had a miraculous late-game turn-around (Heck, I had one this afternoon.) And I'm also very much against people whining over the chat about how badly things are going. But we've ALL been in games where, within the first 10-20 minutes, you know how it's going to end. Either your team isn't clicking or their team is just playing great, but you can't seem to push them back, and no matter how hard you try individually or as a team, all you're doing is holding off the inevitable.

Yes, you should always try to turn it around before giving up, but the reality is, you won't always win. It's not statistically possible. And often, the only difference between a 30 minutes loss and a 50 minute loss is 20 minutes of wasted time. I disagree with the poster who claimed that surrendering is about emotion rather than logic. It can be, certainly. But to me it seems that oftentimes the logical thing to do IS to surrender. Wipe the slate clean, try again in a different match. It especially makes sense if you have limited time to play, as you'd certainly rather get in two half hour matches than one hour-long match that was dragged out way longer than it should have been.

In fact it seems to me that "going down with the ship" is what's based in emotion, because certain players don't want to admit defeat, perhaps because they feel it reflects badly on them. Losing's a part of the game though, and if you make your peace with it you might be able to play more games, and even get more wins.

Lokan

11-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runix View Post
Is there a good time to start a surrender vote?
yes. 25 mins.

Alex Pan

11-29-2010

In what situations would you not surrender?