Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Question on Thornmail

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Monnok

Recruiter

12-14-2009

So I've been theorycrafting lately about thornmail and I was wondering, does the effect also apply to turrets? I know their damage is mitigated by armor, but if a tower attacks me with this item, will the tower take the 20% damage it dealt as magic damage?

I8C SRS FACE

12-14-2009

OUt of curiosity, I decided to test this in a practice game.

Thornmail does not return damage to turrets. I would have tested it against Baron Nashor if I had thought far enough ahead to pick Summoner's Rift but I usually do Twisted Treeline vs. bots because I can win the round faster.

Monnok

Recruiter

12-14-2009

Thanks I8C SRS FACE (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=36062#)!

I was trying to decide if the item would be worth putting into my Malphite tank build, considering the upcoming buff to it. I know it has that issue with gaining turret agro if enemy heroes attack you while in range of their towers, but I figured if thornmail reflected that damage too, it could be worth the agro.

I guess I'll be sticking to Warden's Mail for one of my cheap luxury items