Let's talk about Yorick

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bucky1andonly

10-05-2013

global community? there are probably an equal amount of people that don't want yorick changed at all, and probably just as many that just don't care one way or another. a champion shouldn't be changed unless they are actually broken, yorick is fine the way he is, people just need to either play with him more often to learn this point, or gtfo and quit QQ'ing that you lost to a yorick 1 or 2 times in the past really bad.

Rosie ODonnell

10-09-2013

So I used to be a yorick main back in season 2 and early season 3 (on this account I`m gold 2 but on the yorick main i was about low 1600 elo (season 2).

So after playing yorick over and over, here is what I realized:

People say he is a bully in lane. Well, yes and no. He is a bully to certain counter picks, but not to all. He is a niche pick. People who say he is op in lane is most likely because they are inexperienced in the game. You see yorick played on professional streams and games, and he never actually "wins" the lane.

What I feel like is a strong yorick counter: lifesteal

So people say yorick's early game is his strongest point, and I do believe that. However, you build lifesteal asap and you will be gaining health at a rate you are making him use up his mana.

So many things you can do against him I feel. And he is just so boring. After lane, you dont have any gap closers, or any reliable ones.

BigDaddyO27

10-10-2013

I dont understand all the people complaining about yorick's power in lane. he is very good but if you dont play aggressive against him and build right then by mid game you can basically ignore him and farm/roam all you want. i play a lot of yorick and its very frustrating when someone builds right against me because i can do nothing with him late game except ult my adc and dps a little and hope my adc isnt a ******. he does need to be a bit more dangerous late game. i would say his early game could take a little nerf but after that he needs a mid and late game buff.

kill lord112233

10-13-2013

I might be a little late to the party but here goes my input.

Yorick Players:
What is the fantasy of playing Yorick?
Leading an undead horde on a violent rampage.
What are the high moments of Yorick?
When I get those sleeper multi kills because no one expects Yorick to break them in half in teamfights, that and using my ultimate to make a 1v2 gank into a 2v2 brawl.
What do you dislike most about playing Yorick?
Unlike most people I do not find the ghouls hard to use as they seems to always chases champions for me... but I do have some difficulty getting the Revanent to do what I want it to... When I click on someone expecting it to attack them it just walks to that spot... so if they move I have to redirect it...

Yorick Opponents:
In all the top games I have played I have never faced Yorick o.O

Black Terror93

10-14-2013

Im a resent player, only level 15, and its probably because Im not high leveled that I dont see anyone else play Yorick. I bought him because I love his mechanic and I enjoy playing him. Its also probably because Im inexperienced that I dont see him as OP. I build him according to a 3rd season guide I have fun, but I never dominate a lane or anything. I just find him fun, Ive had more losses than wins with him. I just havent seen the real problem with him.

XxicgxX

10-14-2013

I apologize ahead of time if I make any spelling errors. I'm writing this from my phone. From reading the possible new skill sets for yorick, I feed like playing him agianst anyone with a half decent multi target or aoe spell will be a bad joke. He's now super reliant on his ghouls, both for damage and durability, and a move like alpha strike or lux's ball o death that can wipe out his ghouls leave him far to helpless. Furthermore, the new ulti where he gets a ton of ghouls is going to suffer similarly, making it just one big minion wave for the enemy to wipe up, and his ghouls will do so little damage that it won't matter any more in late game than a minion wave. These things, however, I can live with. The permanent ghouls, even though they are really squishy, will be nice, and commanding your own mini army will be pretty cool. What I am not gonna like will be the 20 second wait time between ghouls, as it's going to make yoricks play style almost that of a conservative castor, because he won't be able to hold his own in a fight until he gets them up, and like I said earlier a good aoe move will wipe them out. Honestly, I think they should be buffing his late game and nerfing his early game, not making him a beast early game and cutting him off at the knees late game. Reduce the damage of the ghouls a little and make their health not continuously drop, extend their life a little, maybe change up his ulti and tweak a couple other things, and rework his default and undertaker skin (which needs to be more than just a coat and a mask from the summoners view) and that's it. Otherwise you take away the cool yorick the gravedigger and replace him with yorick the minion reliant spawn champion, who is no where near as cool. Not to mention the ghouls are to stupid to chase champs into bushes. Bushes OP agianst yorick. Basicially, if it isn't broken don't fix it!

FabulousJusticar

10-19-2013

bumping this for teh lulz

Tropical Twist

10-19-2013

Worst thing about playing yorick

Win the lane, lose the game.

I can tank and use my ulti to my hearts desire, however unless my team does really well in the other lanes, we're gonna lose because Yorick wont deal as much damage in team fights since his ghouls go down almost instantly.

Wolfman2120

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2013

Yorick is very different from most Shadow Isle champions. He is not motivated by malice; he is not evil by nature or driven by a desire for mayhem. Rather he is a champion plagued by despair, regret, loneliness, and failure, fighting the good fight so that his family name is not forgotten.

He lived a selfless and lonely life, then spent his death in a similarly selfless and lonely manner. If I understand his lore correctly, Yorick is summoning his ancestors that were imbued into the family shovel/heirloom to protect himself.

A sort of ugly duckling of the Shadow Isles, no?

I picked up Yorick after reading his lore way back when I first started playing LoL.

Despite being extremely late to this conversation, I just want to express my thanks to Xelnath and co for giving Yorick the attention---he's been neglected and abused for centuries but it seems he has a brighter future peeking on the horizon.

------

What is the fantasy of playing Yorick?
- Defintely army of the dead-esque---it fits really well with the whole "summoning your ancestors for protection" part of his lore.

What are the high moments of Yorick?
- Seeing enemy champs run from the ghoul trio.
- Being relevant in teamfights---providing enough threat to draw aggro and successfully bruising/tanking/peeling
- Ulting a teammate (or myself) at a pivotal moment, typically leading to a turnaround

What do you dislike most about playing Yorick?
- Becoming practically obsolete late game; earlier if I fall behind on farm.

NautiIus

10-23-2013

I find Yorick to be to easy because he has no real skill shots or plays you can make. You basically just run head first down top lane because very few champions can actually stop you. I hope you don't nerf him too hard in his rework but make him more difficult to play, have him require some level of skill so he can't just head but top lane. If you play him right he does have an end game just fYI.

My real problem with Yorick Mori is his Undertaker Skin... as long as your reworking him can you fix the coloring in game please? In his skin he very clearly has a dark black cloak and a black shovel as a gravedigger or undertaker should have. In game however this translates into an awkward blue color and a gold shovel and a brown belt that doesn't really work together so could you please Riot at least make his coat black in game thats all I ask for.