Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Massive UI problems...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elijah

Adjudicator

08-06-2009

There's quite a few issues I'm having... I'll just list them

#1 Cooldowns - Cooldown animations aren't accurate... being off by about half the cooldown at times, even worse as I drop cooldowns
#2 See-through shop interface - After alt-tabbing the shop interface becomes see-through and causes HUGE framerate issues.
#3 Summoner abilities - I can't see my "A" summoner ability... It's being overlapped by the bluepill icon (This does not allow me to see the cooldown of my "A" spell at ALL)
#4 Champion abilities - Often they're just coming up as black circles rather then their icons... Only on certain champions... seems to be on and off. Sometimes they're just tiny and take up a small part of their circle

Cheese

08-06-2009

Update your graphics drivers?

Elijah

Adjudicator

08-07-2009

Quote:
Cheese:
Update your graphics drivers?

Everything is up to date
2x Mobile Intel 965 Chipsets

The problem -might- be that I am running windows on a mac using boot camp, but it might just be the fact that my laptop has a chipset rather then a real graphics card.

Gandatsch

08-07-2009

i cant see the A summoner spell too and the S spell is a damaged image. think many guys have that problem

Coleman

08-07-2009

Those are all issues caused by an out of date or unsupported graphics driver/card.

The prolem is that you are running a chipset 99% sure.

The shop ui sounds like a real problem but the others aren't game breaking.

I noticed that running the game windowed fixed these problems on the older PC I sometimes do this beta on. It's worth a shot.

redit

Adjudicator

08-07-2009

Does your chipset support Pixel Shader 2.0? It has to, to run LoL properly.

Elijah

Adjudicator

08-07-2009

Quote:
Coleman:

The shop ui sounds like a real problem but the others aren't game breaking.

I noticed that running the game windowed fixed these problems on the older PC I sometimes do this beta on. It's worth a shot.

The bigger problem is not knowing when my "A" skill is ready -.-
I've tried windowed mode to no avail.

WΎÅRР؃ LØLŽ

08-07-2009

MACs are fail lol.

Hmm so looks like you fell for the pretty look of the exterior on a MAC and have to run windows anyway to play games, but now you're stuck with garbage inside your computer.

Upgrade to a PC with graphics card for half the price of a MAC with onboard graphics, and watch all your problems disappear.

Seriously though, yea you need a graphics card to enjoy any decent games nowadays, that will solve all your issues.

Dakisarak

08-08-2009

I have the 3rd problem too

edit: also, I know my graphics card supports pixel shader 2.0, and I have this problem on both of my computers.

Elijah

Adjudicator

08-09-2009

Quote:
johnnyt305:

Upgrade to a PC with graphics card for half the price of a MAC with onboard graphics, and watch all your problems disappear.

It runs fine on my imac :|
And I do actually need the 6+ hour battery life at times, so shush on the Mac front.
It must be the chipset being pathetic... how about some specific optimization <:3