Pantheon's Ultimate is now OVERPOWERED

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

l24G3 K1NG

11-25-2010

Well I dont really see much of an indicator for Karthus ulti, other than the 2 - 3 second channel, not to mention you cant just ghost or flash out of it, how about you nerds just shut up about op, and let riot do what they do best and thats pay attention to the important things in the games, not little things you faggets complain about.

Tiaticus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by l24G3 K1NG View Post
not to mention you cant just ghost or flash out of it
You can't Ghost or Flash out of that which you cannot see..

Istanur

11-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by l24G3 K1NG View Post
Stop ****in crying you snot noise little brat
everyone *****es about op, how about this.
go take a look outside you ****in skid, and stop *****en

Less QQ more pew pew you noob
I don't understand your internet speak. More pew pew? That doesn't even make sense. Stop trolling the thread and calling us 'faggets' which may be offensive to some and I hope your above post is removed.

At any rate I think it is quite obvious who really needs to take a look outside. Your full of hate and you even go to the extent of making a second account to spread your hateful messages. I think you completely missed the point of my post and I don't think Riot would've made a bug section on the forums if they would rather we just turned a blind eye to everything wrong. They do not have the time to play thousands of games to find all the bugs that may come up.

However, this one is quite obvious the only reason I made a thread for it is because I am surprised at the lack of attention it has been receiving. This ultimate's only counter is a specific kind of computer and I don't think computer hardware should be a part of how you counter a champion. Sure you may take exhaust if you see a Tryndamere on the other side but you shouldn't have to go: 'Oh, brb on my slower comp to counter their Pantheon'

See what I mean? This is a serious balance issue and it is the only bug report I've ever bothered to bring up. You cannot counter this ultimate through ingame means. You bring up Karthus's ultimate here are a few counters:

Zhonyas
Fort Pot
Taric heal, Morg shield, Janna shield, Soraka Heal etc. etc.

You can't time these things because Pantheon could come flying through the skies at any moment. At least Karthus has three seconds to react. And as Tiaticus said above, you cannot flash out of that which you cannot see.

Dasomen

11-25-2010

technicaly speaking, a overpowered character isn't a bug, it's a ballancing issue. this thread should have been in player feedback for champions. and to be honest, nothing has changed with the character, he's still got the same stats he always did.

Istanur

11-25-2010

Overpowered was a wrong choice of words but a purposeful one to draw attention to the issue. Everything is the same except that a large portion of the playerbase cannot see his ult ring. I have several friends with the same problem. I believe the surge of Pantheon players in ranked may be an attempt to exploit this bug while they can.

Tiaticus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasomen View Post
technicaly speaking, a overpowered character isn't a bug, it's a ballancing issue. this thread should have been in player feedback for champions. and to be honest, nothing has changed with the character, he's still got the same stats he always did.
He is "overpowered" due to a bug, therefore this thread is justly in the Bug Reports forum.

Dasomen

11-25-2010

it's not a bug, the ring is still there, and a graphical error or shortcoming isn't normaly enough gameplay to the level of being a dire fix. now if his pollys were tripping out and he was getting phantom artafacting everywhere, then maybe it could effect gameplay, but a user error being unable to see a glowing red/green ring. not a bug but a graphical oversight. what they could do, perhaps is increase the density of the ring, perhaps add a glow effect to it, maybe some particles coming out of the ground, but it doesnt effect the character as a whole. and this thing would be more for the art department to look at. given no changes to the character were made, therefor his core prefab is unaltered, meaning all of his effects, are just as they were. in short, meaning, in a blunt way, he is the same, effects and all, as he always has been. i could understand if they tweaked with a few of his skills and that caused a ripple effect to cascade down to cause a positioning error on the ring, making it go into the underworld of the level rather than on the playing field... that i could understand.

what's more likely happening is people being upset they cant see it when they're preocupied with a larger fight. which is understandable, but is still a user error not a game error.it's also a team error given no one called out "Panth just jumped" in TS or another voice chat program that most of us use for aranged matches. or even went in chat and went "P jumped" that took me all of 1 second to type.

so i restate, this seems to be a user/team error and a minor art problem, not a major game breaking bug.

Istanur

11-26-2010

No, I have always seen the ring before. It is completely invisible and needs to seriously be fixxed because I am seeing more and more Pantheon's in ranked most likely with the intent to exploit this before the fix. This is affecting my rating by a lot and I think I am done with ranked until something happens. Either rework the ult or figure out what went wrong after Irelia patch.

Tiaticus

11-26-2010

Saying this is a user error is simply ridiculous. His ultimate was designed with the intent of allies / enemies to have the ability to see where Pantheon is going, so they can support / defend against it. Even if you have COMPLETE map awareness and knew exactly when Pantheon was starting his jump, you still don't know if he's jumping on top of you, in front of you, behind you, or to the opposite side of the map than you... This may not be a game breaking bug, but it is an annoying bug nonetheless.

Kaelidan

11-26-2010

Ok what made me laugh about this thread is that people are crying about his ult...what about everyone elses ult who do huge amounts of dmg, which panths ult doesn't really qualify for. How about TF or GP, they have ults that go anywhere on the map. GP's ult immediately slows and TF can teleport anywhere on the map in less time than panth. Panths ult also has a large cooldown so you shouldn't be worried all the time about it, any more than thinking about ANY other champs ult... My take on it, is that you had a game against a good panth who handed you a bad loss. It may be a bug or something that we might also think should be a next patch. In any case we need a riot staff member to comment, they make changes that they don't always mention, this i know for a fact.