Bully Veigar, or, how I learned to stop worrying and love the Locket.

1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SilentWhisper

11-24-2010

anyone tried this on a side lane? veigar doesnt usually get high priority on mid lane, i solo queue so trying to convince the ashe or kass to give up mid is kind of hard.

Lokan

11-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWhisper View Post
anyone tried this on a side lane? veigar doesnt usually get high priority on mid lane, i solo queue so trying to convince the ashe or kass to give up mid is kind of hard.
I think LoCicero probably has, but I have not. It would make me nervous, but really you would just need to ward your bush and you would probably be fine. You do need a solo lane though, don't try to do this in 2v2.

ooweirdoo

11-27-2010

thanks dood ima try this
for the last 2 days ive been going chalice -> boot and mejais
o_O

Everspace

11-27-2010

I've been finding it works on a side lane IF AND ONLY IF you can last hit everything. You can also score a kill or two to make up for it, and I have gotten my locket around the same time as a solo if I score a kill early.

I really think this works even if that doesn't happen XP

Generally this is the case in normals >_>

USS BUTTPEE

11-28-2010

This guide has me curious, Veigar's laning phase was why I dropped him. If this works I may pick him up again.

Inkface

11-28-2010

to the OP

good guide, LoL in my opinion is about being unique, creative and clever. this is it. I just played a game and went 14/1/17 or something, I rarely play viegar but he hurts. The locket was helpful, I pushed mid pretty much to the threshold of their base vs a pretty ****ty TF. zoned him like a boss.

It was a normal game, but I want to try this in ranked, seems fun. Last hitting with him is a meta game in itself. any other tips to add? if I plan to do ranked. I didn't really use your exact runes (poor IP wise =( ) but does the armor really help? or can i use AP yellows?

thanks for the interesting guide, gonna play a few more games and see how it goes - despite getting a gnarly kill on their jungle at lvl 4 with both buffs (looool) I was able to farm that locket within the first 8 minutes, plus the kill. if anybody wants to use that as a reference. Like the OP said, after the Sapphire Crystal you got 1800g to farm. any player that knows wtf is up can do it.

Lokan

11-28-2010

The Armor yellows really do help because you tend to get harassed pretty hard in the lane- plus after you get your Locket they help you towerdive and get some kills that your opponent really, really does not expect. They also synergize with the HP quints. Are they truly necessary? Maybe not- I think mana regen/level could also work. Don't use AP yellows- they won't do anything for you that a couple extra last hits won't.

Another option that appeals to me is taking mana regen yellows (they are more efficient than blues) and mr/level blues to increase your lategame hit-taking power by a surprising amount. The obvious tradeoff is you won't have as easy of a time farming your Locket.

Radamanthys3

11-28-2010

will be trying this if Veigar is free tomorrow

USS BUTTPEE

11-28-2010

This pretty much fixed all the problems I have had with Veigar. It even worked in a side lane. Though I did kind of starve our Nunu, we managed to push Zil and Malph back to their tower.

cheshirebat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokan View Post
I think LoCicero probably has, but I have not. It would make me nervous, but really you would just need to ward your bush and you would probably be fine. You do need a solo lane though, don't try to do this in 2v2.
First off, thanks for the wonderful guide. locket is so incredible on him it's not funny.

Secondly, I've done this in two ranked games... my last one carrying with a 14-1-10 score. In a normal game I did it on a sidelane, and got a 12 minute locket (2v2, our bad karthus wanted mid). We lost due to him not getting a single kill and only 4 assists all game, but i think it would be possible... just not nearly as effective. (7-3-14 that game)

My first ranked game with him I carried, with a score around 11-4-14.. and it worked wonderfully.

A couple pointers. Allistair is a quite incredible teammate for you. He helps push towers, helps heal, and has great early game repositioning power, which aid you greatly.

I solo'd mid vs a vlad, and a malz, both pretty competent players. Neither posed a problem. This is pretty darn solid.

1234567 ... 9