Bully Veigar, or, how I learned to stop worrying and love the Locket.

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gallantgreg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2010

Veigar was the first hero I bought but I haven't played him seriously in months.

Definitely going to try him out again with this new locket.
This build looks pretty awesome.

Uncas

11-24-2010

Would this strategy work on other champs as well, and possibly better than it does on Veigar? It seems that this guide more than anything shows that locket is a really powerful mid game item, but what about Veigar makes it especially good on him? Is it his ability to poke and burst well that makes it work? I ask because Veigar was my first champ and I've always felt like I couldn't play him in ranked because he didn't seem as powerful as other champs. I plan on trying this build out ASAP and just want to understand it a little better. I guess my question is, why veigar+locket rather than, say, leblanc+locket?

Angloomy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2010

AWWESOME
7/3 first game, Ima use this to carry myself outta elo hell!

leafyr0kr

11-24-2010

Just used this build (my first Veigar game, bought him 30 min ago), and it was friggin' awesome. I could lane forever.

But my teammates were horrible, and we lost. Anw, +1 for da guide. x)

SilentWhisper

11-24-2010

question: is this at all viable on a side lane, i solo queue and there's always 1 or 2 people on your team who MUST have mid, and i really don't like getting into flame wars before a game has even started.

idiotard

11-24-2010

started playing veigar again as i got into ranked, gonna try this out

TheLonePube

11-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolCatIsLol View Post
After you get Rod of Ages you don't have to worry abut mana problems anymore either, due to the mana from RoA.
Rod of ages doesn't give the same staying power that a locket does. If you're spamming your Q (and mixing in addition to some other skills when appropriate), you literally never have to return to fountain unless 1) you need items, or 2) you're near death after a fight. Hell, I played a game last night where I endlessly bombed the other team at a tower with dark matter and baleful without even denting my health and mana supply. You can't do that with rod of ages.

GhostDieM

11-24-2010

Your title so made me think about something else for some reason... hmm wonder why

Luthion

11-24-2010

wow, just wow at this build. tried it for 5 games, awesome scores, no losses....

Hecatus

11-24-2010

+1 for publicizing more creative ways to feed his insatiable thirst for mana.

Its a good tip people should know.

123456 ... 9