Do you want this new version of Thornmail?

Yes. i like it a lot 7 50.00%
Sidelines 1 7.14%
No. 6 42.86%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

[Change Item] Thornmail - revison 2.0

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EchoRex

12-16-2009

This change would make it completely mandatory, 100% of the time.

HushKush

12-16-2009

I just think thornmail shouldn't return RANGED damage.

Think about it. Makes no sense.

KingsRight

12-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patyrn View Post
Nothing wrong with 60%. Wouldn't a frozen heart leave you with atleast that + the slow?
that's exactly what i'm talking about. armor is just going to reduce it anyhow. people are still going to die with it.

KingsRight

12-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HushKush View Post
I just think thornmail shouldn't return RANGED damage.

Think about it. Makes no sense.
no, but it could at least block.

the only problem is with ranged people is there are too many that go dps so we'd need another way to handle that

just as it doesn't make sense to have return damage on thornmail to ranged characters.. it also doesn't make sense that a Phanton Dancer or Black Axe gives bonus damage to Ashe's Arrows.

what we really need are items that are segregated, example: Black Axe (Melee) range requirement. where you dont get the damage bonus unless you are attacking from melee range OR just make it so that only melee characters can even equip such a thing.

basically do it like they do in RPG's..

Ranged can only get ranged stuff and melee can only get melee stuff and mages can only get mage stuff.
that is the only way you could balance such a thing.. because then we can GOVERN the dps ranged units from having it too good of one kind of thing as a melee might.