How do I report someone for Elo Boosting?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Murphy

06-24-2013

Hi,

I have reason to believe my friend is Elo boosting, he started off at Bronze V and had only played 20 ranked games this season. Then suddenly his account had been climbing divisions incredibly fast - he's at Silver II now.

The fact that he's climbed so high in such a short period is not what led me to believe he's being boosted, it's that I checked his profile on Elophant.com and every time he plays a Ranked Solo, it shows his Ping being much, much lower than possible in Australia (where him and I live), with numbers like 25 and 40 being very common. However, every time he plays a normal game or ARAM, he goes back to the normal ~200 ping we're used to.

I tried consulting him about it, but he just logged off right after I sent him the message.

How do I contact Riot about this?

Many thanks,
Mister Murphy

meadow

06-24-2013

Make a Riot Support Ticket so they can investigate.

ButtsMagee

Senior Recruiter

06-24-2013

Best friend ever.

Drayerkim

06-24-2013

I don't get why you'd want to report him... I don't see how what he is doing affects you in any way. That's being a bit of a rude friend if you ask me.

Mr Murphy

06-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drayerkim View Post
I don't get why you'd want to report him... I don't see how what he is doing affects you in any way. That's being a bit of a rude friend if you ask me.
I say friend loosely, being that he is just someone on my friends list who happens to be in the same country as me. I don't see how you can justify going about like he's done nothing wrong either, last I checked, elo boosting was kind of against the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadow View Post
Make a Riot Support Ticket so they can investigate.
Thanks for the answer, I think Riot should add a feature for reports in the client though.

maximus vincere

06-25-2013

Why report for someone getting to a higher level?

OH NO SOMEONE'S PLAYING ON HIS ACC, SUE HIM.

meadow

06-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus vincere View Post
Why report for someone getting to a higher level?

OH NO SOMEONE'S PLAYING ON HIS ACC, SUE HIM.
Because skill of the account holder is not the same as the booster, plus it might be a scam thereby losing the account and all of its assets... Forever.

Tutor Lundist

08-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drayerkim View Post
No it hurts EVERYONE.

People are in ranked places they don't deserve to be and they are awful.

That is why Gold is a cesspool. So much boosting.

Fluffyun1corns

11-14-2013

Hey what category is elo boosting under? Account, Billing and Store, Game and Features, Server Issues, or Techincal?

No CS For You

03-29-2014

I want to know this too!!!!