3-man Squads

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chillbill

12-02-2009

The upcoming season (Jan 4) has got me thinking. What would be the best 3-man squads available now? One tank sure but what after? on Treeline on person has to solo so a carry like tristana or ashe.

Current Thought
Tank Chogath
Carry Tristana
Evelynn maybe?

share yours

EnygmaSoul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2009

Here's one I've actually used along with two friends of mine to great effect: It's not really designed for treeline, as imho Taric is a rather weak choice there. The map does not play to his strengths.

Tank : Taric
Carry : Master Yi
Support : Janna

I know what you're thinking. "Janna? wtf she sucks!" First of all, you should be ashamed of your ignorance. Secondly, she serves a valuable function in this team, providing a level of synergy to Master Yi that few other champions can achieve.

This team leans heavily on the carry to do the dirty work, using the other two members to turn him into an unstoppable beast. Taric provides stuns, Janna provides slows, and both provide healing, but the real power of this trio is it's ability to quickly knock down towers: between the +48 damage boost on Janna's Eye of the Storm, and the additional damage from having Taric's Ultimate active, the already godlike tower pushing ability of Master Yi becomes blatantly obscene. Combine the ability of Yi and Janna to easily clear a lane of minions, and you have a squad that moves down a lane faster than most people can blink.

A Highlandered Yi is scary enough. Adding the Eye of the Storm damage buff and damage shield turns him into a creature of nightmare.

TZG Prodigy

12-02-2009

1.) Evelyn
2.) Twitch
3.) Shaco

Just to instill fear.
=D
... One Oracle's Elixir and your team is done.

TZG Prodigy

12-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnygmaSoul View Post
Here's one I've actually used along with two friends of mine to great effect: It's not really designed for treeline, as imho Taric is a rather weak choice there. The map does not play to his strengths.

Tank : Taric
Carry : Master Yi
Support : Janna

I know what you're thinking. "Janna? wtf she sucks!" First of all, you should be ashamed of your ignorance. Secondly, she serves a valuable function in this team, providing a level of synergy to Master Yi that few other champions can achieve.

This team leans heavily on the carry to do the dirty work, using the other two members to turn him into an unstoppable beast. Taric provides stuns, Janna provides slows, and both provide healing, but the real power of this trio is it's ability to quickly knock down towers: between the +48 damage boost on Janna's Eye of the Storm, and the additional damage from having Taric's Ultimate active, the already godlike tower pushing ability of Master Yi becomes blatantly obscene. Combine the ability of Yi and Janna to easily clear a lane of minions, and you have a squad that moves down a lane faster than most people can blink.

A Highlandered Yi is scary enough. Adding the Eye of the Storm damage buff and damage shield turns him into a creature of nightmare.
Taric & Janna makes a great supports, but idk about having 2 supports when you only have 3 characters.

If your carry dies your team on roster looks pathetic.
Yi being the paper cutter that he is, CAN dominate... but also WILL be out the first targetted, WILL first disabled and WILL be the first to be picked off by any decent team. Being so fragile, we can expect this to happen a lot. I don't see this team making that much of an impact.

On a side note:
3x HEALS FTW!?
***If you have multiple heals it'll help a lot.

Chillbill

12-02-2009

shaco dont do **** for damage imo. somebody else who stealths if there is one. how about tank kayle dmg alistar and a ranged carry trist/ashe or carry morgana if played right