Macbook Crashing when playing?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadowTempesta

03-04-2014

This doesn't happen on a regular basis. It happens randomly. For ex. yesterday I was able to play ARAM, Normal PvP with my friends, and Co-Op vs AI perfectly fine. Earlier today I was able to play Co-op vs AI perfectly fine with only a few lag issues. Then about an hour ago I queued up for a Normal game. About a minute in, stripes appear on my Macbook's screen, forcing me to shut it down. I wasn't able to turn it on as well for at least 20 minutes. Then I tried again with another account for Co-op vs AI. Same thing happened. The stripes issue only come up when playing League, but like I mentioned earlier, it's so random I don't know when it will happen. I went through the Console logs of the times that this has happened and this is what I found:

3/2/2014 5:07:12.931 PM LolClient[531]: CoreText performance note: Client called CTFontCreateWithName() using name "Times Roman" and got font with PostScript name "Times-Roman". For best performance, only use PostScript names when calling this API.

3/2/2014 5:07:12.931 PM LolClient[531]: CoreText performance note: Set a breakpoint on CTFontLogSuboptimalRequest to debug.

3/2/2014 5:07:24.929 PM LolClient[531]: CoreText performance note: Client called CTFontCreateWithName() using name "Courier New" and got font with PostScript name "CourierNewPSMT". For best performance, only use PostScript names when calling this API.

3/2/2014 5:07:25.997 PM LolClient[531]: CoreText performance note: Client called CTFontCreateWithName() using name "Arial Unicode MS" and got font with PostScript name "ArialUnicodeMS". For best performance, only use PostScript names when calling this API.

3/2/2014 5:09:03.887 PM LolClient[531]: CoreText performance note: Client called CTFontCreateWithName() using name "Arial" and got font with PostScript name "ArialMT". For best performance, only use PostScript names when calling this API.

3/2/2014 5:12:02.391 PM LeagueofLegends[605]: BugSplatFramework: initWithDatabase: defaultExceptionHandler is set

3/4/2014 10:40:06.871 PM LeagueofLegends[297]: BugSplatFramework: initWithDatabase: defaultExceptionHandler is set

I don't even know if the LoL forums is the right place to post this in. But seeing as this only happens when playing League, I figured it would be related. If no help can be given, I understand. But if there is anything that you can contribute, please post. Thank you in advance.

Nameless Rogue

03-05-2014

Can you upload a system report? Open terminal (command + spacebar and type Terminal into the search) copy paste "system_profiler -detaillevel basic > ~/Desktop/system.txt" minus quotes into terminal and hit enter that'll dump your system configuration to a txt file on your desktop you can upload.

ShadowTempesta

03-05-2014

I was wondering how to do that. Anyway, here is the file.

Attached Files
File Type: txt system.txt (34.7 KB, 73 views)

Nameless Rogue

03-05-2014

Hmm, interesting. What kind of stripes are they? Horizontal/Vertical/Colors? Does this happen with other games/programs?

(Also side note 10.9.2 is out with some security fixes in it might want to run software update when you have time)

ShadowTempesta

03-08-2014

I just updated to 10.9.2, and the problem still occurred last night, although I was still able to play.

As for describing the stripes, I'm just gonna include this picture

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-03-04 22.43.34.jpg (152.1 KB, 35 views)