Starcraft 2 unit tier list

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnPetrucci

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2010

I'm on a hiatus from SC2 due to void ray massing BS and other imbalances. Brood War is still where it's at.

Rices

11-22-2010

drone best unit

Fifthdawn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2010

You obviously don't play starcraft 2, not at a high diamond level at least.

tomstone123

11-22-2010

Nuke EPIC GOD TIER!!!

Viral

11-22-2010

Marauders?

Lord Mathrotus

11-22-2010

My tier list:
In terms of cost efficiency:
God tier: Siege tanks, Infestor, Roaches, Banelings, Colossus, Queen
Strong Tier: Ultralisk, Immortal, Sentry, Stalker, Hydralisk, Marauder, Broodlord, Mutalisk, Observer, Void rays
Decent tier: Most anti air units (corruptors, vikings, phoenix, among others), lings, zealots, marines, banshees, thor, raven, overseer, dark templar, high templar, archon, battlecruiser, Hellion,
Bad tier: reapers, carriers, mothership,

God tier: self explanatory, these units easily pay for themselves
Strong tier: those units mainly serve to support the god tier units, but you can make an army with only those.
Decent tier: those units are either overshadowed by other units (especially late game) or are situational picks
Bad tier: you should very rarely use those because they're either not worth their price or are too easily countered.

A few examples:
Siege tank: Need I explain? Pretty much any terran army has these.

Infestors: Their ability to summon fighters is already enough to make them god tier. Add an aoe root that both negate kiting (helps the slow but powerful ultralisks) and greatly mitigate melee units' damage as well as a mind control spell that, while having somewhat low range considering how squishy the infestor is, can be devastating if you have tanks in front to guard the caster. Also great harassment with their ability to move underground.

Roaches: great harassment with their ability to move underground, and epic ability to micro due to huge regen while burrowed. Even without that, their high stats make them great fighters (high hp, armor, damage and movement speed. Their only flaws are their somewhat slow attack speed and their inability to hit air)

Sentry: great addition to any protoss army, shields basically give everyone +2 armor which is huge early game, and their blockades thing can choke an enemy army really bad.

Broodlords: air unit with the longest range in the game, can really wreck havoc on a turtling base, but can be really good for just helping army vs army.

Observer: very good scout, basically a creep tumor that moves and flies (creep tumors are good scouts because they're invis)

Decent tier units: I hesitate on a lot of them, mainly Dark Templar and Archon. The former can really rape someone who's not prepared, and the latter is extremely good all around, but is very easily countered by ghosts.

Carrier and reapers: honestly those units are pretty worthless. Reapers have poor damage, and carriers are very easily killed by AA units.

Mothership: good support, but it's kinda rare that it'll really make a difference. Its only good spell is really the black hole one, and then again you need to be good with it.

*Note: sorry if I forgot any unit. I'm mainly a zerg player and I tried my best to remember the other races' units.

Kodoku

11-23-2010

Back in beta I got to #1 spot in diamond league for both 1v1 and 2v2 by using the exact same bloody strat with zerg every time. 13 pool 12 extractor 15 overlord 16 queen then nothing but zerglings/overlords while keeping queen at 0 energy from spawning larvae. Peel off drones at 92/96/100 gas for speed tech. If it failed for any reason, keep gassing and tech into mutas.

I refused to let it go into mid-late game because of how downright rubbish the terran vs zerg matchup was. A single thor will protect a base against a group of 12 mutas, and marauders were god-mode vs any ground units. They even have aoe vultures. What the flux?

Lonely Electrons

Recruiter

11-23-2010

SInce when were roaches and mutas godlike. . . Ohai Mutas MASS THORS o hai roaches BANSHEEEEEE/Maruader and for the protoss ohai mutas GO GO PHOENIX AND OR STALKER! ohai Roaches IMMOOOORRRTTAAAAALLLLL!

Lord Mathrotus

11-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflpwndawesome View Post
SInce when were roaches and mutas godlike. . . Ohai Mutas MASS THORS o hai roaches BANSHEEEEEE/Maruader and for the protoss ohai mutas GO GO PHOENIX AND OR STALKER! ohai Roaches IMMOOOORRRTTAAAAALLLLL!
Except I didn't put mutas in god tier, and you're doing it wrong if you think a unit can't be countered at all just because it's god tier.
Of course if I'm using roaches and you get marauders I'll get raped. That's why a good player constantly changes his strat. You're getting marauders? I'm getting mutas or hydras.