PSA: Do Not Pin League of Legends to the Dock

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

s0undvvav3

09-09-2013

league kicked me out and wouldnt let me play at all so i deleted it and reinstall but it just stops at 99%

Ogre and Out

10-01-2013

I removed it from the dock and put it back in my applications folder. Still cant launch. Am i supposed to reinstall/repair now?

Schrymp

10-01-2013

I am not launching the game from the dock and it still closes (or doesn't even open) after I click "Play".

AcydRayne

10-01-2013

I removed it from the dock but it still isn't working. This has been a crappy week for me trying to play league.

Sherbsicle

10-01-2013

What happens if you pinned it to the dock before you read what you said?

Is Riot going to be able to fix this issue from there end or are we all gonna be stuck with this problem until we figure out a way to fix it ourselves? Cause I've done what you said and it still is not working.

Edit: It's a new day and i still cant play League of Legends. I re-installed it again today and it still wont work.
I just took another look at the first post and saw that fixing this will require work and probably some time. Sorry for sounding impatient.

MTL ScofieldUAV

10-01-2013

What is the problem when I finally end patching LoL, I click '' Play '' and both '' UserKernel '' and '' LoL launcher '' disapear from the task bar.

Crs Voypenis

10-02-2013

The same issue is happening with me i am constantly clicking play and it just crashes. The same thing happens when i try to access PBE. Any suggestions on how i an fix this problem, or do i just have to wait till riot fixes it themselves.

Kortekai

10-02-2013

There are several responses and quick-fix attempts in Boompje's post beneath this one, but every fix listed isn't reliable for everyone. Some people find certain ones work every time, but for a few others and myself, they only work sporadically.

TheRossMan275

11-13-2013

yeah i'm new to the mac stuff so i dont know what the dock is and league isn't in my application folder. I think this might be the cause of my bug because it happened after the recent patch were jinx was nerfed so i don't know what to do

Large Tip

11-14-2013

I've had my League on the dock since i downloaded it like 4 months ago and its never had a problem O.O