Should I switch to FIOS to play LOL better?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twilexia

11-22-2010

I'm on Time Warner Cable right now, and during night time especially, my latency skyrockets, and i'm literally sitting on a 2-second reaction time from my champions. (Which is incredibly frustrating). So I'm planning on getting a FIOS installation, but since it's 55/month (as opposed to cable's 33/month), I want to make sure that extra $22 is worth it.

So please post below if you have either cable or fios below (or if you're one of those who made the switch!) and advise me if this will help me play league of legends better!

Oh, and for my PC I have a 1.83 GHZ processing speed with 2 GB RAM and an AMD Turion X2 video card, running Vista. Nothing to write home about, but I figure that should at least successfully let me play LoL on low image quality right?

Bori Kim

11-22-2010

I've always had time warner and never had a problem with it once. Always running on 19ish ping on LoL. My friends who also have time warner never really experience any problems either. Either your wireless isnt secure or somethings messed up with the wiring outside. Anyways, I'd call time warner and complain.

ipleadthefif208

11-22-2010

fios blows chunks

facepalmextreme

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2010

well hey, I know what general area of the united states you live in. possibly what state you live in too.

I could quite possibly stalk you.

well I'm just messing.

Bori Kim

11-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipleadthefif208 View Post
fios blows chunks
That too. My cousin has FIOS and its not that much faster than time warner.

VerKnight

11-22-2010

I've only played on cable and rarely ever had problems with latency.

Are you playing via wireless?