A pubstomping Alistar guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sumutherguy

03-30-2011

Guide updated for recent patches and item changes. Spirit Visage and Banshee's took some big hits lately, making AotL a lot better as an early mr/ general tank item in my eyes.

Sumutherguy

06-03-2011

Guide updated for remake and subsequent patches. Oddly, it didn't change all that much buildwise, he's simply a bit stronger at farming for those who cant last hit and weaker at near everything else now.

This Mobs Leader

08-22-2011

I find that innervating locket is very good to have especialy early game to help with mana problems. Although the nerfed AP Alistar i still find him viable to play not pure tank, as i do. I might give this a try . The items i use towerd the begining of the game is a dorans sheild, Locked, heart of gold, mobility boots. After this i get a woarmogs, upgrade heart of gold to a ranomens. Then frozen heart, or a force of nature. After this i can get into anything. Hope that helps anyone who sees it .

Sumutherguy

09-20-2011

9/20/2011 update: I'm officially retiring this guide. With the recent cascade of nerfs to Alistar after his remake, he simply isn't effective in any of the roles that were called for in this guide. He can't push well anymore, he's much worse at lane-ganking, his ability to anti-carry has been shot to hell, his item synergy has been drastically reduced with nerfs to his base AD and base health, and he can't farm nearly as well with the nerfs to his base ability damage and disruptive new passive.

This Alistar build was for an AD tank/anti-carry/carry. Unfortunately, All but one of Alistar's possible roles have been butchered, and he is only really viable now as a gp/5 heavy support, and frankly I'm not gonna make a guide for support Ali because it is boring as hell. I'm done with the champion until he's made into something that I can have fun with again.