Taunt to Death Rammus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tetsu Akuma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2011

When I played Rammus they said he was op (but if played right anyone is honestly). The only thing is when you're losing Rammus's Puncturing Taunt is a little OP. With Boots of Swiftness along with Cleanse and Ghost you can taunt someone from the stairs of the base into your base and if they try to stun or slow you before you get into the base. If you focused it up to lvl 5 then the 3 seconds will either kill them or bring them close enough to death for you or a teammate to take out.

The best thing is to focus on health and mana so you can spam it. Use something like Rod of Ages for that little extra ability power for your ult and powerball. I've rarely seen an AP Rammus and was mocked for trying it and yet I killed turrets and the Nexus solo with nothing but Ninja Tabi, Warmogs Armor (full stocks), 2x Rod of Ages (full stocks), and Rabadon's Deathcap.

Back to the main point, using the taunt early game can help drag your enemies into a stun or slow and hopefully an easy 3v1 gank to kill. It's best to do it at the very beginning with a Morgana or Lux who can stun quickly from a distance. The third player should be a DPS that can finish them off quickly while they are stunned if you can't. Start with the Boots of Speed if you don't have Movement Speed Runes or even if you do (it wouldn't hurt).

My rune page is set up with +13 Armor (Seals), +13 Magic Resist (Glyphs), +10 Attack Damage (Marks), +3% Dodge (2 Quintessences) and +3.3 Armor Penetration (3rd Quintessence) of course I'll most likely get another Dodge when I get the IP for it. Most tanks need health but Rammus and Malphite are both Tanks that are more powerful stacking armor instead of health. This considering Rammus's Innate Spiked Shell and Defensive Ball Curl, and Malphite's Ground Slam all of which do more damage the more armor you have not health. Although in Rammus's recommended I suggest the same Thornmail and Sunfire Cape build for Malphite for the additional damage along with the added armor bonuses for Ground Slam. This tactic for Malphite makes him a very quick anti-melee for the fact that anyone close enough to get damage from the Sunfire Cape is well within the range of Ground Slam making a deadly combo if they hit you (dealing damage to themselves due to Thornmail) or not.

shiredragon

09-20-2011

Wall of Text Crit me for 2k.

Tetsu Akuma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2011

It's best to be informitive

Tetsu Akuma

09-20-2011

Call me boring, call me stupid, but just putting "Yo, Rammus's taunt is awesome" as my only statement lacks intelligence and doesn't provide info to people who would be interested. I'd rather a wall of text than a lackluster simpleminded one liner. Or am I using too big of words?

PonPonWeiWeiWei

09-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Akuma View Post
Call me boring, call me stupid, but just putting "Yo, Rammus's taunt is awesome" as my only statement lacks intelligence and doesn't provide info to people who would be interested. I'd rather a wall of text than a lackluster simpleminded one liner. Or am I using too big of words?
I think he is more talking about your lack of formatting. It just makes it an unpleasant read.

Tetsu Akuma

09-20-2011

I can honestly say I never bothered much with formatting my posts beyond the regular regard of paragraphing which I'll admit I didn't do in this particular installment

pi3ninja

09-20-2011

ok

Carados

09-20-2011

This build is basically the build every new person who doesn't understand the game proposes on Rammus.

You're better off getting CDR and using your skills for their intended then stacking armor and hoping your low damage W and thornmail do anything, or relying on chain taunts (what you're proposing doesn't actually work, dude) to move them across the map.

Keep in mind any good player is going to have tenacity.