Alister: The mobile, indestructible health fountain

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2009

saph crystal + 2 hp potion.
start with triforce, boots, then aegis of legion.

spell = cleanse + haste.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2009

to counter my post and quickslides.. The game has morphed into some tower pushing rape fest, where the heal build for Alistar does quite well. My suggestion if you are doing the crazy healing push build that I have seen lately is to rush Innervating Locket by going with mana manip first.

Max out Roar as early as possible, taking pulv and head at lvl 1, and 3 (you honestly don't need roar till level 2 at the earliest. Make sure your team is going for a 5man push strat (typically requires a Sivir, and a Soraka or some other cheezy goodness).

If they aren't playing with a comp as mentioned above, dont focus on roar! It is subpar, and you can still be pushed out of lane in higher level play despite the creep waves you have pushing.

Roar is amazing, but it is more amazing when you can spam it.. Sheen and Chalice allow this, as you will kill minions faster with sheen procced attacks, triggering the recharge of roar.

Also. IS ALISTAR's name always mispelled? wth people! Isn't it ALISTAR? Or are other countries seeing his name appear differently? This **** is starting to bug me.

nicosharp

12-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
saph crystal + 2 hp potion.
start with triforce, boots, then aegis of legion.

spell = cleanse + haste.
bait - that was pretty descriptive. I wonder how do you keep fueling kills/heals while building up to an early triforce? Do u turn the sapp into a tear? Ive been fiddling with a early triforce build myself, but the sheer cost of the dam thing makes it a unreasonable first item to build towards as the mana regen I lack, hurts. Rune spec?

Slide

12-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
to counter my post and quickslides.. The game has morphed into some tower pushing rape fest, where the heal build for Alistar does quite well. My suggestion if you are doing the crazy healing push build that I have seen lately is to rush Innervating Locket by going with mana manip first.

Max out Roar as early as possible, taking pulv and head at lvl 1, and 3 (you honestly don't need roar till level 2 at the earliest. Make sure your team is going for a 5man push strat (typically requires a Sivir, and a Soraka or some other cheezy goodness).

If they aren't playing with a comp as mentioned above, dont focus on roar! It is subpar, and you can still be pushed out of lane in higher level play despite the creep waves you have pushing.

Roar is amazing, but it is more amazing when you can spam it.. Sheen and Chalice allow this, as you will kill minions faster with sheen procced attacks, triggering the recharge of roar.

Also. IS ALISTAR's name always mispelled? wth people! Isn't it ALISTAR? Or are other countries seeing his name appear differently? This **** is starting to bug me.
Fair enough. I will agree that in a 5 man push strat, a healing Alistar with a locket can work out. Its VERY situational, but it can work.

DO NOT TRY IT IN PUBS!!!!!

Bait

12-14-2009

i use a partial mp/level rune spec.

but the real reason it works is because i get knock and pulv first. knock back has the highest dmg/mana ratio. i only keep heal at lvl 1.

Slide

12-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
bait - that was pretty descriptive. I wonder how do you keep fueling kills/heals while building up to an early triforce? Do u turn the sapp into a tear? Ive been fiddling with a early triforce build myself, but the sheer cost of the dam thing makes it a unreasonable first item to build towards as the mana regen I lack, hurts. Rune spec?
I have the same problem. Triforce is very expensive and Alistar just doesnt make the kind of money required in order to get it and the other items he needs. More importantly, its all about the chalice. Its too good on Alistar not to get. The MR it gives coupled with your Def masteries is generally enough MR and the regen it provides (when coupled with regen runes) cant be beat.

If your doing exceptionally well and have racked up a nice amount of assists, you can certainly attain it, but I find that if this is happening a hefty tanking item will end the game much faster. Generally Frozen heart VS physical teams or Force of nature VS magic teams. Doubly important as chances are, your the only tank on your team and your teamates will expect you to tank!

Slide

12-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
i use a partial mp/level rune spec.

but the real reason it works is because i get knock and pulv first. knock back has the highest dmg/mana ratio. i only keep heal at lvl 1.
I bring heal to level 2. I use an mp regen/level spec. If I dont take chalice, I NEVER have the mana required to combo and heal when needed.

A level 1 combo costs 150 mana. Alistar starts with 290 ish. How are you not running out of mana?

nicosharp

12-14-2009

the nice thing about triforce, is all of the little pieces are super cheap. so if you have the mobility, you could make quick trips back for mana as you complete it. Sapp first for sheen, will help the kill count go up. I doubt you will be able to get many early game kills, or support your teammates though.

Slide

12-14-2009

Thats exactly my problem with it. I just cant justify giving up the ability to feed and save my carry. It requires good mana regen, good defense and a little offensive boost.

Chalice->ninja tabi->Sheen does everything you need and for a very moderate price.

You do have a point about the pieces being cheap. I would certainly try it if I didnt know that without a chalice, I dont have the mana I need to set up my carry. Maybe I will try upgrading to tri-force after I complete the first 3.

Bait

12-14-2009

the hp from triforce helps you tank.

mana regen items aren't good for ganking. the max hp/mp items are more reliable in a sense.

mana needs to be managed carefully though. you need to make sure you don't run out of mana before your opponent dies.