[Guide] Singed, The Indomitable

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ASYLUM101

12-03-2010

I prefer the full out tanky Singed, bypassing Wardens and going straight for glacial->frozen heart, and ignoring abyssal for Banshees. ROA is a given, of course, but I generally try to balance my items based on the conditions. If I'm getting hit too hard from magic, obviously, invest in negatron first. ETc.

He becomes a ridiculous threat to the enemy team with his immense speed and fling, and when you have that armor + banshees veil, it becomes pretty easy to snag kills for your team.

Cool guide btw, it's pretty close with one of mine that I use.

fyrebryan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-03-2010

our mad singed ends up with the highest base armor out of all the characters.. unless you're just getting raped by phys dmg, skip the armor and stack some MR... merc + abys scept is more than enough usually, and it helps your dmg abilities out also. do this and you'll have atleast 100 ar/100 mr by 18..

that being said, i do really like the glacial/frozen heart item... it works very well with singed and shortens our ult quite nicely...it just cuts down on some of singed's dmg...

900+ dmg toss + 250+ dmg/sec smoke is something not even morde can ignore late game (unless he did something retarted silly like stack 3 warmogs... and yes i've seen that happen)

Core items for me on singed is (in order of importance):
RoA/Boots of Swiftness
Ryliari's Scepter
Abyssal Scepter
Arch Angels
Zhonya's

obviously if you're having problems with magic.. swap BoS for Mercs... even more you can swap zhonyas or AA for FoN
physical, swap Abyssal/AA/Zhonya's for frozen heart/thornmail.. you shouldnt need to swap out anything else to deal with phys..

yoyomobb

12-21-2010

i think i can call myself a singed expert and this is a good build though i have a couple of comments.

For quintessence you need 3x 1.5% move speed!!!
singed dont need armor, for the point is you shouldnt get hit because of your speed
mr is a pre, i usualy take atleast 1 mr item (banshees, FON or abyssal or even lichbane (great item for singed though)

But i think singed mosly need ap just for the sake of harassing their entire team. For in group fights you hardly get targetted and when you initiate you have a great chance to get away (even without decent armor and mr) if you do i well you stack atleast 3.5k hp which should be more than enough. run speed without extra items is at 432, with fon 465 and a 3rd item makes it about 482. so speed is the way to go.

however you gotta play the game. so if they dont have mages you dont need mr. if they dont have ad you dont need armor euhh you dont need armor AT ALL, press R for insta armor. If you get fed only stack ap. if you have to farm for you items atleast try to get roa at 20mins and right after this rylais.

boots - roa - rylais
these items are essential for the build so the last 3 items are at your disposal;
lichbane - zyonas - whatever (ap or mr or speed) item you want
fon - lichbane or zyonas - whatever (ap or mr or speed) item you want

i dont like it BUT if you need armor get omens for CD or even better SF. this adds up for the ap you miss in your Q-poisen

Grovel

12-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyomobb View Post
For quintessence you need 3x 1.5% move speed!!!
So do you also go down the Utility tree for increased movespeed as well?

Herkucheeze

01-13-2011

Edited Rune and Mastery changes, as well as acknowledging Warden's Mail nerf.

Atticus Alistair

01-13-2011

I'm kind of surprised by all the tank items. He's a game changer with just a couple of survival items. But what's great are the combo items.

I'll go
RoA
Boots 3 (Extremely rarely do I go Merc. Don't need them. Magic resist is gotten elsewhere, and I like to murder fleeing people)
Banshee's next. (Health, Mana (converted into more health) and MR)
Abyssal Sceptor (AP and MR, lowers their MR)
Game is usually over by now. If not, and I'm worried about DPS, I'll give in and get Thornmail.

At this point, I am unkillable.

Then AP from there on out if the game is still going on. But it shouldn't, because a good singed is pushing towers down when not in team fights. (Also another reason for Boots +3)

I very rarely go over 5 deaths. No lower than 8-9 kills. Always at least 20 assists.

Also, I go mana crystal first. So I can spam a bit more and it gives me 50 more health. I'm close to 700 at the start of the game.

But hey, if it works for you and your team, awesome. I'm glad to see someone loves Singed as much as I do. He's a blast.

RaginHomoSapien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-13-2011

this guide is extremely bad. stopped at masteries.

RaginHomoSapien

Recruiter

01-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovel View Post
So do you also go down the Utility tree for increased movespeed as well?

ya, thats why I stopped reading.

Herkucheeze

01-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginHomoSapien View Post
this guide is extremely bad. stopped at masteries.
Huh, well 0/15/15 gets you up to 3 points in veteran's scars, and gets you the full 3 points in improved movespeed for utility. What is your mastery setup?

Herkucheeze

01-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus Alistair View Post
I'm kind of surprised by all the tank items. He's a game changer with just a couple of survival items. But what's great are the combo items.

I'll go
RoA
Boots 3 (Extremely rarely do I go Merc. Don't need them. Magic resist is gotten elsewhere, and I like to murder fleeing people)
Banshee's next. (Health, Mana (converted into more health) and MR)
Abyssal Sceptor (AP and MR, lowers their MR)
Game is usually over by now. If not, and I'm worried about DPS, I'll give in and get Thornmail.

At this point, I am unkillable.

Then AP from there on out if the game is still going on. But it shouldn't, because a good singed is pushing towers down when not in team fights. (Also another reason for Boots +3)

I very rarely go over 5 deaths. No lower than 8-9 kills. Always at least 20 assists.

Also, I go mana crystal first. So I can spam a bit more and it gives me 50 more health. I'm close to 700 at the start of the game.

But hey, if it works for you and your team, awesome. I'm glad to see someone loves Singed as much as I do. He's a blast.
I don't get how your core build is that much different from mine, I simply go with a warden's mail instead of banshee's veil in most situations for increased tower shot tanking capability. Aside from that, we both build RoA, Abyssal, and a pair of boots. Are you thinking that my guide is saying to buy a Negatron Cloak, then go back and buy another one to turn into an Abyssal Secpter?