Kog'Maw

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Migga

11-22-2010

Is he viable as a 3v3 character?

Is there enough of a laning phase for him to farm gold and not get killed too often?

I only have used him 5v5 but I'd like to try my hand at a 3v3.

Biomatter

11-22-2010

No, he isn't very viable (IMO) on TT. The best champs on TT are the naturally beefy, melee types.

Edit: Laning on TT is very different from SR. It's very scary, because ganks happen very often, very quickly, because the map is so small. A squishy like Kog would just be free food, probably even if you tower-hugged.

PhoenixBomb

11-22-2010

Having never tried him in a 3v3 scenario, but knowing his weaknesses in general, I can profoundly say he would do terrible in TT. Here's a list of reasons.

1.) Ranged toons generally do worse on TT due to the large amount of brush, which cancels line of sight easily (and the fact that they then have to enter said brush, where doom may loom).

2.) Kog, unlike most ranged carries, relies almost entirely upon his team and/or summoner spells to whether the anti-carry storm, which in reality only really consists of one or two champs. On TT, you can have just as many anti-carries, and not enough people on your team to save you from them, so it can get sloppy when the trynds/ww's/brolafs crush your face and there's nothing you can do.

3.) TT favors champs that are generally tough or have extreme survivability measures, and Kog has neither of these. I only mention this point, in the presence of 1 and 2, for people saying that he can be built tough, because while tank'maw is funny, he is not viable.

Then you also have the lack of laning phase as you said/difference in difficulty in surviving a TT lane. The only merit Kog brings is that for a map that encourages the picking of high health champs, he is generally geared towards countering that. Still, the environment is so not in his favor.