Retroactively banning people is stupid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

isuk

11-22-2010

Hohums said you guys are going to retroactively punish people with a high number of leaves. Have fun with the community feedback from this one. Retroactive punishment is a stupid idea. At least make an announcement with an ultimatum saying leavers will be banned from a certain point on. You cant allow bad behavior then retroactively punish people who have invested cash into your game. For me this means I should stop buying rp bc at any moment I may be banned for having a high number of leaves. I invite anyone to solo queue as much as I have without leaving games. It's absolutely infuriating getting into 4v5 mAtches constantly and a majority of the games I've left have been after someone else on my team quits and I'm absolutely sure the rest of the game will not be fun to play at all.

Dismayed Spider

11-22-2010

I cannot recall a Riot that has ever done anything but frown upon leaves.

LegendReborn

11-22-2010

3/10 of the last games you played you left before they ended. That's a pretty hefty amount of leaves. If you are that worried I would send Riot an email instead of trying to plead your case to a bunch of people who will agree that you should be at least temp banned.

Fifthdawn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2010

Whatever it takes to get rid of leavers, moral or not.

Karari

11-22-2010

It's always been against the code. Why not?

Dzung

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karari View Post
It's always been against the code. Why not?
This.
you'd be right if leaving were not against the code before the "retroactive" ban. but it has always been against the code.

Lusid

11-22-2010

I will agree with you only because of one thing. Banning someone who does not know what they are doing is a bannable offense is wrong. Let me say this in big bold letters with just about every method to make this stand out as i can, so maybe you all see it...

• NOT EVERYONE READS THE FORUMS

This happened on City of Heroes too. They had a system put in where people could create their own missions. Naturally some people made "farming" missions where you would go up against throngs of the highest exp giving opponents and level from start to max in a day. Four hours was my record. They stated on the forums that this was a bannable offense and left it at that. No mention of it in game, you either read the forums or got served a hefty ban. And the worst part was they left the ability to do this in the game so people could get banned for it. If you are going to hand out bans for the leaving, you have to give warning that everyone has a chance to see. The only reason i come on these forums at all is because the dev's actively post. Not everyone gives a **** about forums.

Faeces

11-22-2010

Punish all leavers , yey delete their accounts

Psi21

11-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by isuk View Post
Hohums said you guys are going to retroactively punish people with a high number of leaves. Have fun with the community feedback from this one. Retroactive punishment is a stupid idea. At least make an announcement with an ultimatum saying leavers will be banned from a certain point on. You cant allow bad behavior then retroactively punish people who have invested cash into your game. For me this means I should stop buying rp bc at any moment I may be banned for having a high number of leaves. I invite anyone to solo queue as much as I have without leaving games. It's absolutely infuriating getting into 4v5 mAtches constantly and a majority of the games I've left have been after someone else on my team quits and I'm absolutely sure the rest of the game will not be fun to play at all.
Tell us why we should have any remorse for you when you are part of the problem.

http://www.lolbase.net/us/isuk

303 leaves .... you are the one ruining the game. Your money won't be missed.

I have just as many games as you played and I don't have a leave. What is your excuse?

5pak

11-22-2010

Don't leave and you have nothing to worry about.