Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Urgot: Opinions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OrsoBianco

Recruiter

11-22-2010

Hate it or love it, the most popular champion ranking resource is Elementz' Tier List. This list places Urgot as an un-pickable choice for any competitive game. In my personal experience with Urgot (1300-1500 ELO), I find him to be a legitimate choice and an excellent presence on the field. So why all the hate?

Let me explain. Urgot is extremely strong in the early game (laning) phase. His Q lets him harass, last-hit, and achieve first blood against nearly any opponent. In combination with the huge range his E gives it (from homing), and his slow from W he is able to zone and control his lane in nearly any game. This let's him out-farm and out-level his opponents so he will scale quickly. This quick advantage can be abused to get early towers/dragon/ and enemy buffs. His ult can be used with well-placed wards (key brush) to pick off an enemy and allow easy team wins. His playstyle is similar to a vintage pantheon, in that he is a poorly scaling early-carry.

So ... given a good team-comp and a smart team, Urgot can be a fun, active, and playable champion. So who disagrees? I'm interested in hearing the community's opinion on this Giant Enemy Crab champ.

Liquidone

11-22-2010

Who is Urgot?

Layotees

11-22-2010

All three of his regular skills revolve around one ability with a, what, .6 AD ratio?

His shield is garbage and his ult should be in an entirely different kit.

Edit: His kit being a haphazard pile of garbage isn't just my opinion, and it isn't just Elementz'. Morello has posted as much.

Lofter

11-22-2010

es very OP, Neds a nerf plxz
kthxbai

BJSV

11-22-2010

Sexy.
I agree with you but the problem with urgot is.... he is nothing without a team and since there are lot of champs that can win game solo he is kind of useless. I love urgot and play him often but as much as his early game is strong, his late game kind of sucks ballz.

Tenant

Friend of Urf

11-22-2010

He's fun for sure, but it's the same reason why you like him why everyone else hates him. He hardly scales into late-game compared to other characters, and that's bad because this game is all about rapid growth of your champion. While it is satisfying to have a great early-game, other champions can have a decent early-game as well and still grow into a strong champion satisfyingly into late-game.

It doesn't really help that he doesn't have a solid role in place either. He's definitely an anti-carry, but itemization-wise, he doesn't really mesh well with everything. If you go ranged DPS, your ult turns practically turns into a kamikaze move; if you go tank, your ult becomes your most and only threatening ability; if you mix both up and go hybrid, suddenly you just don't do both of them really well. Red posts say that Urgot's rework are leaning him towards a mid-range tank role that is good at initiating, comparable to Singed, which sounds really nice, since when I first read his ultimate I always assumed it was for initiation.

If you like him, go ahead and keep playing; nothing wrong with playing a champion you're comfortable with.

Dismayed Spider

11-22-2010

Is Urgot powerful early-game? Yes. Is he DECISIVELY powerful early-game? No.

Is he DECISIVELY bad late-game? Yes.

Pawnce

11-22-2010

Urgot is awesome

vs really bad people