ANOTHER new hero? What about replays...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

purplefire

11-22-2010

Riot's gone over this before dudes.

1. They release a new champion every two weeks. In my opinion, it's part of their monetization plan. They don't make an income unless people buy RP. You have to give them something to consistently spend it on, so teams have to be devoted to that.

2. The champion design team has nothing to do with the replay team. They're two totally separate sets of resources. The champion design team couldn't even quit making champions and spend their day helping the replay team if they wanted to. They don't have the skills required.

3. If they're building replays from the ground up along with all the tools required, it's going to take some time. Why? Because they want to do a good job and they have to do a good job . If it happens to be a hard project, which it sounds like it is, then it might even take a lot of time. I doubt they're hanging out in their offices throwing darts right now.

Please think rationally. None of this is hard to figure out.

Shehriazad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2010

Careful...Im watching...

GIANTISOPOD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2010

They have different teams, and that's cool and all, but can't they just move some funding from the art and champion development teams to whatever team is working on replays? They're churning out champions very fast, so I'm sure that there are funds to spare.

Morello

Lead Designer

11-22-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Oh, this thread again.

brb, getting my master's in CS and coding for 4 years in the industry so I can personally make replays.