ANOTHER new hero? What about replays...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AoXoA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2010

This game honestly and truly needs replays being usable again. Like Dota(War3) had replays you could watch people in action and learn tricks or builds etc with them.

Im for new heroes (Yay for Trundle, latest heroes have all been girls anyway) but I need replays. Streams and videos are good, but they lack the ability to check items easily or focus on more than the hero the uploader is playing.

So come on please, let us watch replays

EDIT: Also it would vastly help with tournaments, e-sport aspect and etc.

Whitemage82

11-22-2010

They are working on replays. Just cause they release champs doesn't mean they aren't working other things.

It's called: Multitasking.

JWahh

11-22-2010

why dont people understand that riot is a fairly big company and have different teams working on different tasks?

AoXoA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2010

I understand full how a company works and multitasking... However while appearing whiny (Which I probably do sound) I want them to just release it bugs included at least so I can start watching Gragas or any of my favorite heroes alot more.

EDIT: And also to rewatch those awesome games I just played where I did extremely well.

Blind Trooper

Recruiter

11-22-2010

And OP, how can artists give you replays? They have no coding skills or programming skills outside what they need for champion creation/tweaking. I guess they could draw them frame by frame, but that would take awhile....

Kilgorre

11-22-2010

Quote:
And OP, how can artists give you replays? They have no coding skills or programming skills outside what they need for champion creation/tweaking. I guess they could draw them frame by frame, but that would take awhile....
They have to build the cool frames for he replay windows.

Crimson Rose

11-22-2010

i take your replays and raise you a new map

Blind Trooper

Recruiter

11-22-2010

Oh, I see now! **** those artists and their slacker ways! Holding up the replays! >.>

AoXoA

11-22-2010

Watching replays is kind of simple really. All it involves is the server giving you a file that shows where and when each player clicks, presses buttons and etc. Then the game just translates this information and replays it. Thats the simplest view of it, im not a programmer or coder so of course it involves alot more.

Belarock

11-22-2010

At this time, replays would not be able to stay with the player base past a patch (which resets stuff). Therefore, they are tackling the extremely difficult task of keeping one thing, while not everything else with a patch, whilst not corrupting data. The only thing holding them back is the technical aspects of it.