Grumpy Monkey's Art Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bonsant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2013

is this theme music supposed to foreshadow something?

Devil Midget

10-13-2013

Grumpy Monkey, i really like the art and music for jinx. the direction the riot team is taking with that champion i feel is a landmark to bigger and better things. here is a couple reasons why i think so:

1- top animation teams create a look, sound, and general feel to their games so that people can relate, interact and make it an extension to their personality.

2- Djerv did a good job singing the music, but i feel the creation of the song lyrics was a bit rushed and lost some of its quality. getting a hit song is like a gamble in the first place and i think the riot team should not stop looking into getting the right music for the right artwork,models and game play.

3- the music video was a very nice touch to compliment the release of the champion. not only that its added publicity for riot games as well as the band. acquiring the rights to use the music and animation was genius. which also makes me want to look forward to the next.

with all of that being said riot should definitely pursue sub-contracting bands to sing in future projects. it is a gamble but 1 could make riot hit the lottery. there really isn't a downside if done correctly. especially since getting a celeb means the majority of their fans will follow them to league to see how good/bad the collaborated work is.

TOIIIHOTA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2013

Yo. Grumpy.
When is Teemo's Visual Update?

Devil Midget

10-14-2013

Karthus, sion and malphite. need artwork updates. the riot team is so much better at artwork now. i think they could easily be redone to look 300% better at minimum.

also ones that need some skin updates are diana, elise, draven, eve, fiora, karma, kha'zix, leblanc, maokai, quinn, rengar, sivir, skarnar, syndra, varus, vi, zac, zed, zyra

out of all those i would most like to see a skin for fiora, karma, rengar, syndra and vi.

also i thought that i wanted to share is. it looks like vi and jinx were both made for Djerv and my guess is that she picked jinx but vi was just too good to scrap. as well as having a rival makes things more interesting.

Aserus Nai

02-25-2014

No post about heimer on here? grumpy!!!
Also, Is there any word on when we get to see Ryze's rework?

MisDerpina

1 Week Ago

grumpy!
heard you made the exterminator twitch skin as part of the demo!

and you should update this thread too ;_; it's been a while.