Do Heimerdinger's turets REALLY need to die when he does?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2009

isn't it enough that he can't stand there and buff them? They aren't hard to kill.

He's underpowered anyway, it's just frustrating.

Timmy the Spork

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2009

the problem i find is that there is no consistency with the pets. Tibbers dies when Annie dies but, i believe, Shaco's clone sticks around as do Teemo's shrooms. i feel like the game would be more balanced if all created creatures survived the death of their masters, especially in the case of Heimerdinger whose turrets are such a critical part of his strategy. i've seen ten minute nexus turret defences that ended prematurely because Heimer got himself killed and all his turrets went poof.

SonicTheHedgedawg

12-13-2009

the reason they die now is because people screamed he was OP when he first came out. so he got super nerfed even though he didn't need it at all.

if his turrets didn't die upon his death and had a little more resistance, he would be fine.

Klinkin

12-13-2009

The problem with his turrets not dying upon his death is that if you have six of them clumped together and decently fed and upgraded (don't forget they get +1 damage and armor per 7 shots), they're extremely hard to get rid of. A melee hero already might need to call in support to deal with a Heimy in their lane; don't make it any worse. Heimerdinger could use a few offensive buffs on his other skills (like Hextech rockets), but his turrets are fine.

SonicTheHedgedawg

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinkin View Post
The problem with his turrets not dying upon his death is that if you have six of them clumped together and decently fed and upgraded (don't forget they get +1 damage and armor per 7 shots), they're extremely hard to get rid of. A melee hero already might need to call in support to deal with a Heimy in their lane; don't make it any worse. Heimerdinger could use a few offensive buffs on his other skills (like Hextech rockets), but his turrets are fine.
it SHOULD be stupid to dash into a turret nest hoping to kill heimer first.

maybe if it activated a death timer it'd be fine.

but having them INSTANTLY die is stupid.

GreatWeelo

12-13-2009

Heimy was slightly OP before the over-nerf. All that needed to be done was reduce the insane MR the turrets had before so that AOE abilities could actually hurt them.

The MR got nerfed at the same time that they were all made to die when Heimy did. The MR nerf alone was enough IMO.

Amarath

12-13-2009

Id sign this , really heimer is one of the worst toons in the game, he starts off ok but past the 33 min marks u might as well afk in base (the stun/blind bombs is the only thing at that point doing anything and thats doing almost nothign at all).

Honestly id totaly rework him.
Id give him an expanded menu of abilities.
Like repire tower, ressurect tower (ulti maybe requireing a certian ap level or have the tower reflect his stats in some way).

The turrets themselves would be usefull if they scale off his ap or attack damage (whatever is higher, there are other abilities like this in the game already [i forget who has it but s it s like 30% ap or 60% physical]). And then instead of every 7 shots make it 1 damage every kill or whatever is balaneced. (Like other toons, this is a nerf not a buff as in late game turrets are deffending or help pushing but out of range of creeps).

As for oh no hes so strong, any class with a ranged aoe kills his turrets without even being hit by them. (just naming a few i know, karthus, corki, morgana, veigar, even ashe can, there are more those are just the ones i have played vs heimer and it was a joke, ah shivr too, ahh nasus too).
Now i have played games vs him without any aoe ranged abilities and almost no ranged and that sucks, early game late game its still a joke, alistar , master yi, ww, jaxs, and so on can tank / kill 6 of them in almost no time flat.

The Senate

12-13-2009

They're not anymore.

They're going to 'shut down' when Heimer dies, but reactivate when he respawns.

Layotees

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senate View Post
They're not anymore.

They're going to 'shut down' when Heimer dies, but reactivate when he respawns.
Just to add onto this, they're making grenade travel faster and reworking missiles to I believe do less damage all around and more on individual targets. Heimer may not be 'top tier' next patch but he'll certainly be well off.

SonicTheHedgedawg

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezreal View Post
Oh I forgot to mention. I intend to make Heimerdinger's turrets shut down when he dies instead of blowing up. This way if you kill Heimer, you will have to track down his turrets and demolish him. While if he respawns in time he will regain control of the turrets which survived. This also means that the player who kills Heimerdinger does not necessarily gain gold from his 'self destructing' turrets.

The only thing holding this change back is particle and animation support.
makes the summoner spell "Revive" a great option.

you die. they jump into your turret farm for free gold, they get torn to shreds.