[Champion Suggestion] Motas - Void Mage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grue

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motas View Post
I'll counter it by having poor AP ratios (any ideas?)
Perfectly fine.

Quote:
I guess I should either:
have him cancel it by moving, or
let him move while phased,

which would you prefer?
Having him cancel it by moving would basically just set him up for death. However, giving him a 100% dodge plus 100% spell dodge is basically just making him invulnerable for a short time, which is similar in many ways to black shield plus the Judicators ultimate. You might consider adding in an effect or changing the ability to something such as:
-All damage is reduced by X% and he has increased movement speed
-He can only take magic damage, but cant be crowd controlled
-He can cast (but not melee) while phased and gains X AP. He gains 100% dodge rate, but takes 50% extra damage from spells.
Something like that might make it more interesting to use.

Quote:
Random as in random target area, you could have a whole creep wave in front of you, but 4 of the 5 explosions could miss the wave entirely, its used as a farming skill/chasing skill.
Alright, then that is probably fine, would just be an issue of balancing damage.

Quote:
Hmmm, what would you think I should do then to fix the ult?
I'm considering another idea, but I want to see if the ult can be salvaged first.
Right now, the ult is global and the damage is 1000AOE
If you want to keep it the same then I would simply lower the damage and AoE range. Make it similar to pirate; something like:

Void Rift (Channeled)
Motas opens a (750/800/850) AoE void rift at the target location on the map. After 3 (maybe 4) seconds Motas teleports to the center of the marked location, dealing 400/500/600 (+AP*0.2) true damage to everything in the rift.

Cool Down - 140 seconds
Cost - 160/180/200 mana
Range - Global

That way it can be used in a group fight, or as a surprise teleport, or to stop people from running in a direction since it can be seen on the ground. If he can move during phase shift they possibly synergize, I.E. you could teleport into a dangerous group of enemies, then immediately phase shift and run away if need be.

Dreadstone

12-13-2009

Okay Motas that all seemed really cool and good... but everything is AOE and that passive seems sorta OP, In the begging.... Is that why you asked about the rageblade?

Worstcase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2009

The idea of the passive was to be versitile, considering that the idea for him is to be a melee dps with decent offensive spells to back him up, this more or less gives him synergy even if they decide to build pure melee or mage.

Motas

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadstone View Post
Okay Motas that all seemed really cool and good... but everything is AOE and that passive seems sorta OP, In the begging.... Is that why you asked about the rageblade?
No, its basically a built in Rageblade, nothing wrong with an AOE caster.

25 damage or 25 AP early game is not going to change much

Motas

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grue View Post
Having him cancel it by moving would basically just set him up for death. However, giving him a 100% dodge plus 100% spell dodge is basically just making him invulnerable for a short time, which is similar in many ways to black shield plus the Judicators ultimate. You might consider adding in an effect or changing the ability to something such as:
The point is that he should be able to block a single spell every "X" amount of seconds if he's good enough at it, thus actually having a champion that requires some skill to play

Quote:
Void Rift (Channeled)
Motas opens a (750/800/850) AoE void rift at the target location on the map. After 3 (maybe 4) seconds Motas teleports to the center of the marked location, dealing 400/500/600 (+AP*0.2) true damage to everything in the rift.

Cool Down - 140 seconds
Cost - 160/180/200 mana
Range - Global

That way it can be used in a group fight, or as a surprise teleport, or to stop people from running in a direction since it can be seen on the ground. If he can move during phase shift they possibly synergize, I.E. you could teleport into a dangerous group of enemies, then immediately phase shift and run away if need be.
I agree with this, I'll modify it to something like this

Nitrosol

12-13-2009

I find it funny that since i posted how to embed images into posts on my suggestion, it's been popping up all over the feedback forum, either way, I like the idea.

Grue

12-13-2009

Quote:
The point is that he should be able to block a single spell every "X" amount of seconds if he's good enough at it, thus actually having a champion that requires some skill to play
Alright, but then you should just make it do exactly that, I.E. Sivirs spell shield.

Motas

12-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrosol View Post
I find it funny that since i posted how to embed images into posts on my suggestion, it's been popping up all over the feedback forum, either way, I like the idea.
I actually knew how from the DotA forums, but I wasn't sure how to do it, but then when you said that it was the same thing, I immediately jumped on it, thx for the feedback, i loved your plant idea as well.

Quote:
Alright, but then you should just make it do exactly that, I.E. Sivirs spell shield.
Sounds good, this skill just takes more skill than Sivir becuz its only a 1 seconds dodge, as opposed to a 3 second long shield.

Motas

12-15-2009

Any other suggestions are welcomed before this hero is final for the hero contest in a couple of days.

LadyOfTheNight

12-15-2009

WOOOOH nice hero WOOOOH