[Champion Suggestion] Motas - Void Mage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Motas

12-13-2009

Attachment 9838
Motas - The Void Mage

Make sure to vote for Motas in the Champion Suggestion Contest (3)

Lore:
Motas was the one they called when the planet was in peril. An exceptional mercenary, Motas was known for his extraordinary skills in combat and strategem. In his war against highly intellectual beings, however, he was ambushed and captured. His planet was destroyed and he was tortured and experimented upon. When the enemy finished with him, they disposed of him by tossing him into a rift leading to the void. Their experiments lead to an unexpected outcome. Motas absorbed the spatial properties of the void and escaped. The negative energies of the void twisted his heart and soul as a result. He took merciless revenge on the entire race that destroyed his planet, obliterating them in the process. He seeks to destroy everything in the mortal world that reminds him of his torment. He joined the League to test the power of the other Champions. So far, the only strength he’s seen has come from Kassadin and Cho’Gath. He now realizes that only the Void possesses true power. Deep down, he wishes to free Cho’Gath and destroy the league the second he gets the chance.

Attachment 9847
Passive: Seething Energy
Whenever Motas deals damage through either melee or spells, he becomes super-charged with Void Energies, increasing his melee damage/AP by 5/10/15 for 10 seconds, maximum of 5 stacks.

Note: Just think Guinsoo's Rageblade
Atk is proc with melee attacks
AP is proc with spells

Attachment 9837
Phase Shift
The unstable matter swirling around Motas allow him to evade attacks and spells by forcing him to return to the Void for a short time.
Level 1 - Leaves for 1 second
Level 2 - Leaves for 1 second
Level 3 - Leaves for 1 second
Level 4 - Leaves for 1 second
Level 5 - Leaves for 1 second
Mana Cost: 50/60/70/80/90
Cooldown: 18/16/14/12/10 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrous
for all questions regarding motas' phase shift check out puck's skill with the same proprieties (i'm not saying you're a copycat,i really liked puck in dota,and shift has numerous possibilities for mind games)

quick skill description: Puck avoids any damage and any other effect for a short duration by shifting out of existence=he becomes snared,silenced,invisible,spell and damage immune and cannot attack

Attachment 9840
Corrosive Aura
The air around the Void Mage is charged with particles from the Void. Because of the unbalance, the air corrodes leading to massive expulsions of energy. The air spontaneously combusts in a 600 AOE dealing damage to its unfortunate victims.
Level 1 - 15 damage per explosion, one explosion every 5 seconds.
Level 2 - 30 damage per explosion, two explosions every 5 seconds.
Level 3 - 45 damage per explosion, three explosions every 5 seconds.
Level 4 - 60 damage per explosion, four explosions every 5 seconds.
Level 5 - 75 damage per explosion, five explosions every 5 seconds.
Mana Cost: N/A
Cooldown: N/A

Note: The explosions occur in a random area, not random targerts

Attachment 9839
Anti-Matter
During his travels in the Void, Motas acquired the ability to create Anti-Matter. The very substance that can obliterate matter when the two touch. Dealing 120/180/240/300/360 (+AP*0.5)An AOE of 300/350/400/450/500 and has a 2/4/6/8/10 percent chance to instantly kill any creep.
Level 1 - Deals 120 damage in 300 AOE and has a 2% chance to instantly kill a creep.
Level 2 - Deals 180 damage in 350 AOE and has a 4% chance to instantly kill a creep.
Level 3 - Deals 240 damage in 400 AOE and has a 6% chance to instantly kill a creep.
Level 4 - Deals 300 damage in 450 AOE and has a 8% chance to instantly kill a creep.
Level 5 - Deals 360 damage in 500 AOE and has a 10% chance to instantly kill a creep.
Mana Cost: 50/60/70/80
Cooldown: 15 seconds

Note: the "any creep" notation DOES NOT include the Elder Lizard, Ancient Golem, the Dragon, or Baron Nashor

Attachment 9844
Rift from the Void (Channeled)
Having resided in the Void for far too long, Motas has the ability to jump between the mortal world and the Void. In doing so, massive amounts of energy are unleashed as he returns to the world dealing 400/600/800 (+AP*0.2). The rift requires 5/4/3 seconds to build, and then Motas can teleport to any enemy or ally and deal massive damage to the units in a 1000 AOE.
Level 1 - 5 seconds delay, 400 pure damage.
Level 2 - 4 seconds delay, 600 pure damage.
Level 3 - 3 seconds delay, 800 pure damage.

Mana Cost: 150/200/250
Cooldown: 140 seconds

For an overall body shot, I was thinking something like this:
Attachment 9849
Or this:
Attachment 9856

If there are any questions plz ask them, I'll be happy to clarify anything.

Comments and suggestions are welcome

Enjoy
-Motas

Yomindi

12-13-2009

Anti-Matter's cooldown is to long to be a farming spell. You may want to lower it.

Yomindi

12-13-2009

Also, cooldowns on ultimates dont generally scale up. And ultimate is way out of line. 180 second cooldown for a complete wipe of a team seems overpowered. I cant think of a single ultimate that can rape that hard. Consider a nerf.

Motas

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yomindi View Post
Also, cooldowns on ultimates dont generally scale up. And ultimate is way out of line. 180 second cooldown for a complete wipe of a team seems overpowered. I cant think of a single ultimate that can rape that hard. Consider a nerf.
So you are saying that a larger cooldown is in order?

i will do that, thx so far
Last time I checked, 1000 damage won't wipe out anything late game in one shot

Dreadstone

12-13-2009

Lol you used your name.... you nub.....

Grue

12-13-2009

Going through his abilities one at a time:

Seething Energy - sounds fine, but if he's a caster you should probably just make it AP not damage and AP. If not then that's a lot of AP to gain on hit for being melee.

Phase Shift - Since there are no numbers regarding dodge, I'm going to assume that when he's phased out he has 100% dodge and spell dodge. At max level it lasts almost 4 seconds and its cool down is 6. This means he can be invulnerable over half the time...
You didn't really explain this skill: can he move and attack while phased? Does the cool down not start until after he returns? Can he end it early? Does he evade all spells, or just the first one cast?

Corrosive Aura - I don't know what to say about this. What exactly do you mean by burn damage? Either way, an AoE damage aura for no mana is probably imbalanced.

Anti-Matter - Cool, I like it. You could probably turn the creep kill % up more at higher levels

Rift from the Void - It's a global teleport that does more true damage than most ultimates in the game, and stuns and is AoE. For comparison Cho'Gath does 800 at max level to a single target, and he might gain health from it. Also the cool down and mana cost on it are ridiculously high.

He's terribly overpowered as written right now.

Motas

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grue View Post
Seething Energy - sounds fine, but if he's a caster you should probably just make it AP not damage and AP. If not then that's a lot of AP to gain on hit for being melee.
The reason for this is that he is to be played as a hybrid caster/dpser. Physical attacks proc 5/10/15 damage, spells proc 5/10/15 AP.

Quote:
Phase Shift - Since there are no numbers regarding dodge, I'm going to assume that when he's phased out he has 100% dodge and spell dodge. At max level it lasts almost 4 seconds and its cool down is 6. This means he can be invulnerable over half the time...
You didn't really explain this skill: can he move and attack while phased? Does the cool down not start until after he returns? Can he end it early? Does he evade all spells, or just the first one cast?
Thats a good point regarding the cooldown, I'll fix that right away. When phased, Motas cannot move, in fact, all he can do is watch, no spells no nothing, its just a protective mechanism

Quote:
Corrosive Aura - I don't know what to say about this. What exactly do you mean by burn damage? Either way, an AoE damage aura for no mana is probably imbalanced.
I'll remove the burn damage immediately, I didn't realize it was still there (It wasn't in my final draft)

As for the imba statement, I'll disagree with you on this one. The explosions are random, even if you get hit by all 5 (which is extremely unlikely), thats only 375 damage. The explosions are likely to miss their target almost every time.

Quote:
Anti-Matter - Cool, I like it. You could probably turn the creep kill % up more at higher levels
I'll think about some stuff regarding this, I'll get back on this later.

Quote:
Rift from the Void - It's a global teleport that does more true damage than most ultimates in the game, and stuns and is AoE. For comparison Cho'Gath does 800 at max level to a single target, and he might gain health from it. Also the cool down and mana cost on it are ridiculously high.
True, I'll remove the stun, but you must realize that it has a 5 second delay, during the 5 seconds, the enemy will know it is coming and WILL have time to move.

Grue

12-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motas View Post
The reason for this is that he is to be played as a hybrid caster/dpser. Physical attacks proc 5/10/15 damage, spells proc 5/10/15 AP.
Alright, that's fine then. Just wasn't sure what you were going for. So that means at max level after 5 attacks he has 75 extra damage and 75 AP. Could be a bit much, or could not be. Really would have to test it.

Quote:
Thats a good point regarding the cooldown, I'll fix that right away. When phased, Motas cannot move, in fact, all he can do is watch, no spells no nothing, its just a protective mechanism
If he can't move, then having the period increased is actually almost worse. Using it would pretty much just be stunning yourself. Sure you can't be hurt but think about what usually happens when guardian angel triggers. Everyone crowds around then just focus fires them when they come back up. In a team fight you're basically just removing yourself. If he could move during it but not attack it might be more useful.

Quote:
I'll remove the burn damage immediately, I didn't realize it was still there (It wasn't in my final draft)
I actually just wasn't sure what you meant. I thought probably mana burn.

Quote:
As for the imba statement, I'll disagree with you on this one. The explosions are random, even if you get hit by all 5 (which is extremely unlikely), thats only 375 damage. The explosions are likely to miss their target almost every time.

I'll think about some stuff regarding this, I'll get back on this later.
Random how? "Targeting a random unit nearby" random or "targeting a random area in its range" random. If the first then it's probably overpowered, because as long as you're chasing someone not by minions they're going to take all the damage at no cost to you. If the second then it might be useless. I guess I just have a distaste for random abilities, so it's personal preference.

Quote:
True, I'll remove the stun, but you must realize that it has a 5 second delay, during the 5 seconds, the enemy will know it is coming and WILL have time to move.
With a 5 second delay it will probably never hit if they can see it coming, unless it has ludicrous range; in which case, they'll be hit no matter what so why bother with the delay? It's basically reduced to the worlds most expensive teleport. It's hard enough to hit people with crowstorm or nunus ultimate. 300 seconds is also about twice as long as any other ultimate cooldown in the game. Same with the mana cost.

I hope none of this sounds rude, I'm not trying to be.

Worstcase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2009

Might want to add a cooldown to Seething Energy, I considered it for a moment and if you stack AS (for whatever reasons) you'd be hitting 5 stacks in 2 seconds (assuming you are at 2.5 attacks per second).

Normally your hotkeys are QWER too.

Motas

12-13-2009

Quote:
Alright, that's fine then. Just wasn't sure what you were going for. So that means at max level after 5 attacks he has 75 extra damage and 75 AP. Could be a bit much, or could not be. Really would have to test it.
I'll counter it by having poor AP ratios (any ideas?)

Quote:
If he can't move, then having the period increased is actually almost worse. Using it would pretty much just be stunning yourself. Sure you can't be hurt but think about what usually happens when guardian angel triggers. Everyone crowds around then just focus fires them when they come back up. In a team fight you're basically just removing yourself. If he could move during it but not attack it might be more useful.
I guess I should either:
have him cancel it by moving, or
let him move while phased,

which would you prefer?

Quote:
Random how? "Targeting a random unit nearby" random or "targeting a random area in its range" random. If the first then it's probably overpowered, because as long as you're chasing someone not by minions they're going to take all the damage at no cost to you. If the second then it might be useless. I guess I just have a distaste for random abilities, so it's personal preference.
Random as in random target area, you could have a whole creep wave in front of you, but 4 of the 5 explosions could miss the wave entirely, its used as a farming skill/chasing skill.

Quote:
With a 5 second delay it will probably never hit if they can see it coming, unless it has ludicrous range; in which case, they'll be hit no matter what so why bother with the delay? It's basically reduced to the worlds most expensive teleport. It's hard enough to hit people with crowstorm or nunus ultimate. 300 seconds is also about twice as long as any other ultimate cooldown in the game. Same with the mana cost.
Hmmm, what would you think I should do then to fix the ult?
I'm considering another idea, but I want to see if the ult can be salvaged first.
Right now, the ult is global and the damage is 1000AOE

Quote:
I hope none of this sounds rude, I'm not trying to be.
Not at all, I enjoy hearing other peoples comments and ideas, it helps me build a better hero.