udyr pheonix vs tiger at jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Schuazay

11-21-2010

I have been playing Udyr for awhile and I have been using pheonix for jungling/ main dps
I was wondering how tiger compares to pheonix at jungling
also how do you jungle with tiger? Is it the same as pheonix?

Gnatter

11-22-2010

interesting thread, i would guess that tiger would be inferior for jungling since its only single target damage but it would be godly for ganks. On a side note, does tiger proc sheen, and if so, then lvl 5 tiger would do 6 times your AD in 3 fast hits?

WhyMclovin

11-22-2010

tiger is slower than phoneix... but it's not THAT much slower if you use the right runes. You can start at golem with 1 Longsword and pots and go thru jungle pretty much the same way as phoenix.

Jack 0f Fools

11-22-2010

Tiger does proc sheen, but quite in the way you think it would.

When in tiger stance, your attacks are split into 3. If you normally hit for 90, you'd hit for 30, 3 times. The tiger stance spell itself correctly uses the value of 90 to be multiplied for it's dot damage. However, Sheen not only does not factor into the DOT damage, but also only adds it's modifier onto the 30, instead of the 90.

Sheen + tiger would equate to attacking for 54 (30 + .8*30), 30, 30 net gaining 24 damage from sheen. Because of this, I prefer to avoid sheen when running tiger udyr. Sheen works wonders for Turtle stance, Bear Stance, and Phoenix stance though!

Avander

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2010

Ya, the AOE from Phoenix makes jungling go pretty quick. I usually don't pick up Tiger until I finish Madreds.

KYNB23

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2010

i personally dont bother with phoenix past level 1 i just use it to get the first buff and leave it there thats it tiger and turtle do much more for u and bear is need for the ganking phase u run out bear stun tiger uppercut and keep going for about a second then switch back to bear to get maybe one more stun off for another tiger uppercut phoenix is good level 1 cuz it makes blue buff fast and painless after that turtle will make u go through jungle alittle slower but alot more healthier so u can actually gank

people dont understand the amazing magic damage output of tiger uppercut when u get tiger to level 5 its a pretty massive shot if u have any thing more than 200 damage which is simple to have with bloodrazor and bloodthirster

Zhoey

11-22-2010

First off take some **** pride in your post and spell check it before you post it. Second why do you care? It doesn't matter how you play Udyr he sucks. He offers no team fighting ability at all except a 30 damage sunfire cape. You can say he's good at ganking but what is a 1 second stun every 6 seconds? Nothing. Play a champion worthwhile so your team doesn't hate you.

Schuazay

11-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhoey View Post
First off take some **** pride in your post and spell check it before you post it. Second why do you care? It doesn't matter how you play Udyr he sucks. He offers no team fighting ability at all except a 30 damage sunfire cape. You can say he's good at ganking but what is a 1 second stun every 6 seconds? Nothing. Play a champion worthwhile so your team doesn't hate you.
coming from a junior member? Seriously dude, get some experience before you troll other people's posts. No reason to be an ass

Silverdevilboy

11-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schuazay View Post
I have been playing Udyr for awhile and I have been using pheonix for jungling/ main dps
I was wondering how tiger compares to pheonix at jungling
also how do you jungle with tiger? Is it the same as pheonix?
When I jungle as Udyr, I'm usually spamming turtle anyway, not phoenix. I usually go turtle>bear til both are maxed, then grab tiger to do some more damage.

slows down the jungling, but boosts the ganking to absurd levels.

As for Sheen, ignore the noob above who doesn't even know the ratio on it. It adds your AD after switching stance, but it won't multiply with tiger, sadly. Still, 4xAD at rank 5 is nice, and you'll proc it repeatedly. Sheen, Locket, and tanky items is my build for him, and it does pretty well, he's very hard to kill and will tear down a squishy carry very fast.

Gunflame

11-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack 0f Fools View Post
Tiger does proc sheen, but quite in the way you think it would.

When in tiger stance, your attacks are split into 3. If you normally hit for 90, you'd hit for 30, 3 times. The tiger stance spell itself correctly uses the value of 90 to be multiplied for it's dot damage. However, Sheen not only does not factor into the DOT damage, but also only adds it's modifier onto the 30, instead of the 90.

Sheen + tiger would equate to attacking for 54 (30 + .8*30), 30, 30 net gaining 24 damage from sheen. Because of this, I prefer to avoid sheen when running tiger udyr. Sheen works wonders for Turtle stance, Bear Stance, and Phoenix stance though!
This was supposed to be fixed in the last patch. Items like sheen, bloodrazor and others should do full damage on each hit (sheen damage would be added to the first attack only)