Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ragnarok Online Renewal: Worth going back?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Miirik

11-21-2010

^ as per title.

I come back and forth to private servers in ragnarok online, though i been away for like 2 yeras.

I did private servers because I didn't have the money to spare.

I have money now... but would rather go on the free server than the pay server... or another private server.

But my main question, does the renewal make RO worth coming back to? It was the biggest grindfest I ever played but for some reason I couldn't get away from it. But I don't know if I have it in me to go through that grind again.

Is at least SOME of the grind gone? How about the new classes? Etc. etc. etc.

VerKnight

11-21-2010

It is a great game, even on a free server. The only trouble is finding a private server worth playing on.

I miss playing it myself and have been too lazy to look at the private server lists and pick one.

Grinding still depends on the server rates. High rates, it takes no time at all. Mid rates vary (especially when some keep the low rate on drops). Low rates, you are going to be grinding.

I can't comment on the new classes as the servers I played never put them in, and the one that was going to was too unstable and shut down because of that. But I have heard that some of them are pretty epic (so says my priest freak friend in regards to the archbishops or w/e they are).

Ssraeshza

11-21-2010

I've only played on private servers, mostly because I read a lot of forums that all agreed on the "NEVER PLAY OFFICIAL SERVERS" thing.

Anyway, the game has its charm, but you're either going to grind an insane amount... or join a high rate where you breeze through everything in a re-tardedly fast fashion.

I haven't played the new classes, and the general consensus on every RO forum is that they ruin the game quite badly as they rape 95% of the content for free. So, if you want to check out the new classes, go ahead, but I've heard that they cause way more trouble than they're worth. Especially if you're into PvP(WoE yay).

Jimsvaliant

11-21-2010

RO died when they released the Juno patch along with all the reborn classes (my opinion at least). I played on the iRO servers and forked my money over every month. I really enjoyed the WoE and the people in my guild but it didn't last very long following that patch.

I heard there are some serious balance issues with the newest 3-1 and 3-2 classes but I expected that to be the case when I first heard about em. It's free whether you play on the private or the official servers so why not try your hand at it again. The grind isn't as bad anymore. I'm looking forward to the RO2 remake though.

Mekkanare

11-21-2010

Just wait for RO II.

VerKnight

11-21-2010

Quote:
Mekkanare:
Just wait for RO II.

RO 2 is garbage. I have played it. They attempted to make it more "WoWish" and failed miserably.

Unless this is a new RO 2 you are talking about. o.o