Is rushing Aegis bad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cadfan

11-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlÝry View Post
someone elucidate on this shen + aegis = win phenomenon
Well... its not quite that easy.

I think its more that Shen gets good use out of every part of Aegis. Its not like Amumu, who doesn't use the auto attack well, or Galio who's passive doesn't interact well with auras and who doesn't auto attack. Aegis is just a really good fit on Shen. If I had to make up an item that was perfectly designed for Shen, it would probably be Aegis or something very like it.

KiratheBasterd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2010

Depends what they have on their team. If you see its balanced between their physical dps and their mages, then by all means get an aegis. Otherwise get whatever would counter their main source of damage.

Powermad3

11-21-2010

I pick up Aegis first on Rammus because it helps the team and the passive helps out Rammus' passive. After that everything I build is influenced by what the other team has team comp wise.

I'm thinking about starting to pick up heart of gold first though.

nvmvoidrays

11-21-2010

people hating on tanks for getting tank items?

what is this, i don't even

kthnxbai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-21-2010

not really good on amumu/galio/rammus to be honest. a faster banshees/randuins/sunfire will be better

Rin

11-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letkhar View Post
They also said I was a noob for buying wards.
Did you really need to question them after this?

Mwamondwe

11-21-2010

cloth armor + 5 pots
cloth armor -> HoG
boots 1 -> merc treads
aegis
HoG -> Randuins

zeirios

11-21-2010

Thornmail is never a good first item. You want a combination of hp and armor as rammus, so Heart of Gold and Sunfire Cape are good options. Aegis is a great 2nd item to get after your first one, and basic boots (or even advanced boots if you like).

But it's not a MUST have every game. It's still a great item though.

Heliostorm

11-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahuruk View Post
You almost had me there, looked like an okay thread with a decent topic, but then I saw:

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard, no one says that, this is a troll thread and you are looking for attention.
You seriously have never met anyone that told you wards were a waste of money? Does manna rain from heaven at high elo too?

FDru

11-21-2010

I consider Omen to be a core item for Rammus, so HoG is always first (to get that extra gold flowing). But there's nothing wrong with picking up an early Aegis.