Is rushing Aegis bad?

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Echaede

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2010

There are items with more armor that would benefit Rammus more than an Aegis. It's pretty good to rush on Alistar though because the effect works on minions+alistar's heal and you can push a lane pretty easily.

N3uby

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2010

Nope, you were right. Your teammates were ******ed.

Edit: People that say to rush Armor on Rammus don't know what they're talking about. You build him to tank the other team, if you wanted AD, you would build some AD. Rushing armor against a mixed or AP team doesn't do you a bit of good.

Gløry

11-21-2010

someone elucidate on this shen + aegis = win phenomenon

NickPham

11-21-2010

Its great even. The aura's value increases according to how little armor your allies have.

MrGirlOnTop

11-21-2010

noob always think pro is noob
they never realise they are the real noob

Shaella

11-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glry View Post
someone elucidate on this shen + aegis = win phenomenon
Well you see, Shen owns face.
Aegis helps Shen own more face in ALL AREAS

newties22

11-21-2010

Dude......someone told you Aegis suck and wards suck.......that should give you an indication......that they are noobs..!!!
Dont listen to them.

Abedeus

11-21-2010

I rush Aegis on Galio and Shen. FoN/HoG on other champs depending on enemy team. Won't get Aegis is there are 5 magical dealing champs...

dragonbayne

11-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letkhar View Post
I'd always assumed that getting Aegis first as a tank meant that you got the initial edge on your opponents in the first few major teamfights.

But I just played a game where I got **** on by both teams for rushing Aegis as Rammus. They said I was a noob for rushing it. Could someone explain why?

Also, is it normal for a jungle Rammus to have a really low CS? I always thought that junglers didn't have a very high CS unless they were DPSers that could farm later, but everyone seemed to think I was also a noob for having the lowest CS.

They also said I was a noob for buying wards. No one else on my team was, so I was bleeding money buying wards. If no one else on your team is buying wards, is it better to just buy a couple wards every once and awhile and save more money for items?
It depends on the type of enemy team you have, if they got alot of AP characters, you can rush an aegis, but immediately after you better rush a sunfirecape for farming as rammus. If they have alot of ad and carries, its pointless rushing aegis if your team is realy squishy, aegis isnt going to save them or matter much. Its a great team item so you should get one somewhere, its more up to your tastes on wether or not you rush it.

Rahuruk

11-21-2010

You almost had me there, looked like an okay thread with a decent topic, but then I saw:

Quote:
They also said I was a noob for buying wards.
That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard, no one says that, this is a troll thread and you are looking for attention.

123456 ... 7