[Champion Suggestion] The Amazonian Warrior

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poruku2

12-12-2009

Hippolyta, the Amazonian Warrior, queen of the Amazons.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Make sure to vote for Hippolyta in the Champion Suggestion Contest
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Suggested Art

Description

Quote:
Myths. Legends. Stories. Hippolyta, the greek daughter of Ares, comes from the middle of it.

Hippolyta has risen, as all legends do, never dieing, in search of the girdle which was so heartlessly taken from her. No longer the Queen of the Amazons, the Amazonian warrior fights her enemies with lightning dexterity and is able to reach targets from a distance, using her lengthened spear. She will never forget the time she spent in the amazon with her sisters and is now using that to her advantage. Hippolyta found herself summoned by a great magic from the dead to reawaken in between the roaring cities of Noxus and Demancia.
Aesthetics
Quote:
Voices
"I am legend, I never die."
"For the Amazon!"
"For the sisters!"

Taunt
"My father was the god of war, and you want to fight with ME?!"
"You will be dead before you can figure out how to pronounce my name."

Joke
"I shall thrust my enemies with my shaft!"
Dance
Hippolyta sticks her spear into the ground and begins to dance around it as if it were a pole. Heroes may be tempted to put dollar bills into her clothing.
Stats
Quote:
Health: Moderate
Mana: Low
Range: Extended Melee
Speed: 300 or 310 (Charge is a primary way to enter battles)
Type: Melee Body Enhancing DPS
Attack Damage: Medium
Attack Speed: Medium
Armor: Low
Magic Resist: Medium

Skills

1. Vicious Charge!
Quote:
Mana: Moderate
Cooldown: Modetate
Damage: 100% of attack
Spell type: Multi-target charge +Slow +Movespeed
Special: Will apply Puncturing Wounds on hit. Can critical hit.
Most similar to: Malphite's Ultimate -stun

The Amazon Warrior charges into battle, sending a debilitating stab at every enemy on the way there. Every enemy stabbed from charge will take an overtime diminishing speed debuff. Hippolyta also gains a diminishing movespeed bonus after using this.

Leveling this skill will increase the slow % and the distance allowed.
2. Puncturing Wounds
Quote:
Mana: N/A
Cooldown: N/A
Damage: Moderate-High +AP
Spell type: Enemy Status
Special: A renewable, passive and growing bleed +EndBurst
Most similar to: Twitch's Expunge

Hippolyta's spear will deal a stacking debuff which will burst at the end of its effect and deal a long-interval bleed. Every attack will reapply the buff, but the timer will continue to increase. When an attack is not applied before the debuff expires, it will deal a final, bigger burst. The more bursts that have already happened in that application of the debuff, the stronger the final burst.

Increasing the level of this skill will increase the damage it bursts as well as shorten the intervals.
3. Flurry
Quote:
Mana: Moderate over time
Cooldown: Modetate
Damage: Portion of attack
Spell type: Stand still, mana consuming, attack speed buff auto attack
Special: Applies Puncturing Wounds debuff on each hit. Can critical hit.
Most similar to: Katarina's Ultimate

Hippolyta reaches her pinnacle of dexterity is wildy jabs her spear at every single enemy that is nearby. Every single hit will apply the Puncturing Wounds debuff.

Every increasing level of this increase the attack speed while she performs this. The attack speed is determined by (Hippolyta's Attack Speed) + (Flurry Boost). This spell will take an activating amount of mana and then drain a small amount per second for up to X seconds, until the spell is quit or ran out.
4. Amazonian Ancestor (The Utlimate Spell)
Quote:
Damage: Base + Portion of Attack
Spell type: Multi Effect
Special: Too many to list here
Most similar to: N/A +UdyrBearStance

Hippolyta taps back to her days within the Amazon and recalls her Spirit Ancestor. This ancestor is a passive and is always active (This ancestor is not visible unless of the effects to be listed is mentioned are active. The Ancestor effect is shown as a buff on Hippolyta's status bar and a glowing effect upon Hippolyta) This ancestor watches over Hippolyta by protecting her through the following means. When Hippolyta attacks, the Ancestor will attempt to attack as well, if successful, the Ancestor will temporarily appear at a random point upon the attacked target, and stab with her spear; however, the Ancestors attack is considerably slower than Hippolyta (This effect will be similar to an Udyr-bear stance stun passive, but a much lower cooldown). The ancestors attack speed will be a fixed amount determined by the ultimates level, but the attack power will be a low base with a boost from a percent of Hippolyta's attack. When Hippolyta uses Vicious Charge! into battle, the Ancestor will be able to appear at every target hit, even able to appear in multiple spots at the same time, and attack. When Hippolyta uses Flurry, the Ancestor will continue to passively attack targets which Hippolyta attacks, but at an increased rate. All attacks from the Ancestor will decrease the time till the next Puncturing Wounds burst.
5. Prudent Mind (Passive Starter)
Quote:
Damage: N/A
Spell type: Regeneration +CooldownReduction
Special: Grows with level
Most similar to: N/A

When Hippolyta's mana is full, her mana regeneration will convert to health regeneration. As well, when her health is full, her health regeneration will convert to mana regeneration. When both are full, she will begin to build 'Cooldown Cuts' at a slow rate. Cooldown cuts are slowly building effects, that when full will lower the cooldown of the next used effect by a certain percent (Ideally, 10/15/20%). At higher growing levels, the cooldown cuts will charge faster.
Strategy
Quote:
Open with Charge to initiate a battle, or enter an already started one.
After charging, attempt to use flurry. Puncturing wounds will already have 1+ stacks on enemies and be lowered (If you are six) to the next interval from the Ancestor.
Items should include attack damage and survivability. A chalice is recommended if you are having mana issues. A rageblade is also suggested, as two of her skills work as a regular attack.
If you and the enemy are both low health from a long battle, feel free to run away and allow Puncturung Wounds to make its final burst.
Details
Quote:
I will use the following to explain into a higher detail the mechanics of this character.
Vicious charge - Imagine malphite ultiing. Now replace that with Hippolyta with an effect similar to Yi's ulti on her. Now imagine every enemy that she passes, a spear jabs out from Hippolyta, and hits them. If Hippolyta has her ulti, imagine on every target, the ethereal unit of the Ancestor briefly appears at a random spot near the targets and stabs. If Hippolyta passes enough targets in the same time, it will be possible to see the Ancestor in multiple spots.
The puncturing wounds effect would be similar to what you might know as a 'bleed'. A small bit of blood will gush out at every interval and a larger gush at the final burst. If Hippolyta has her ulti, imagine that the debuff is already on the enemy and the ulti is set for 2 second intervals, when the ancestor attacks the enemy somehow, it will reduce the time until the next burst, in total making the number of bursts/time greater, meaning the final burst will also be greater.
Flurry - Flurry increases Hippolyta's attack to a certain number per second. These attacks may need to have a lowered attack power. When Hippolyta uses it, she starts to extremely fast auto attacks in an orderly fashion at the units around her. Imagine Katarina, except instead of throwing daggers, she auto attacks very fast. If there is a single target, this target will surely take quite a beating. If Hippolyta has her ulti, the Ancestor will continue to throw out attacks, but at an increased rate. Imagine that this ethereal ancestor appears on an attack and then disappears right after. The Ancestor will only be visible in one spot at a time. To think of Flurry in more detail, it is more of a stand still auto attack mega speed boost. IE It will add so much attack speed onto Hippolyta's already current attack speed. I've mentioned before rageblade would work well with this, due to the already fast attacks, and then rageblade making it faster again with each attack.
For Prudent mind, the only spell not effected by the Ancestor, it will work exactly as shown. It is not a very good in battle spell, but a rather helpful battle preparation passive. Her converted regeneration will most likely not be a 1:1 conversion.
A NOTE: I am Illumānus, my account is currently just having some issues. This was posted by me awhile ago but wanted to update it and make it more current. The old version is here

Doctor Awesome

12-14-2009

Okay, champion number one! Feedback inbound:

Flavor: Thumbs up. Good historical pedigree, and good fitting flavor.

Charge: A cool idea, to be honest--it's a cool way for a DPS champion to deal damage in a big team fight, and farm as well. However, I think the stun is a little much; in general, remember that stuns are considered the strongest abilities in the game--no champion with a stun is considered less than good. Putting stun on a DPS champion is a very risky proposal, particularly one that has so many advantages as far as closing distance, chasing, etc. You might consider simply doing a slow--honestly, channelers don't need any more hate.

Fitness: I'd take Wounds over this--this is simple, and unique, but a little boring--like a nerfed version of Singed's Insanity Potion.

Puncturing Wounds: Although this is essentially the same as Katarina's Killer Instinct, or the Malady item. You could probably come up with a more interesting skill here.

Flurry: Simple, but effective--my favorite kind of skill. If you decide to change Wounds, you could probably come up with another gimmick.

Amazonian Ancestor: Very clever ability, but not sure how well it fits. It's functionally not all that different from Shaco's ultimate, but Shaco's is stronger, and doesn't debuff him when it dies--in fact, it's advantageous to let it die, since it explodes for a lot of damage. The fact that it can copy abilities is a welcome unique feature, but may not bring enough substance to the table to balance how little it costs. If you come up with a clever alternative, I would like to see it.

Adrenaline: Not that bad, but it's very similar to Warwick's Blood Scent, minus the "low health" part. I figure you could probably come up with something a little more creative, like increased attack speed for all nearby enemies, or something.

In any case, I'd say you have a solid base, just needs a little diversification of mechanics. Keep up the good work, and good luck!

Poruku2

12-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Awesome View Post
Okay, champion number one! Feedback inbound:

Flavor: Thumbs up. Good historical pedigree, and good fitting flavor.

Charge: A cool idea, to be honest--it's a cool way for a DPS champion to deal damage in a big team fight, and farm as well. However, I think the stun is a little much; in general, remember that stuns are considered the strongest abilities in the game--no champion with a stun is considered less than good. Putting stun on a DPS champion is a very risky proposal, particularly one that has so many advantages as far as closing distance, chasing, etc. You might consider simply doing a slow--honestly, channelers don't need any more hate.

Fitness: I'd take Wounds over this--this is simple, and unique, but a little boring--like a nerfed version of Singed's Insanity Potion.

Puncturing Wounds: Although this is essentially the same as Katarina's Killer Instinct, or the Malady item. You could probably come up with a more interesting skill here.

Flurry: Simple, but effective--my favorite kind of skill. If you decide to change Wounds, you could probably come up with another gimmick.

Amazonian Ancestor: Very clever ability, but not sure how well it fits. It's functionally not all that different from Shaco's ultimate, but Shaco's is stronger, and doesn't debuff him when it dies--in fact, it's advantageous to let it die, since it explodes for a lot of damage. The fact that it can copy abilities is a welcome unique feature, but may not bring enough substance to the table to balance how little it costs. If you come up with a clever alternative, I would like to see it.

Adrenaline: Not that bad, but it's very similar to Warwick's Blood Scent, minus the "low health" part. I figure you could probably come up with something a little more creative, like increased attack speed for all nearby enemies, or something.

In any case, I'd say you have a solid base, just needs a little diversification of mechanics. Keep up the good work, and good luck!
Thanks. I've actually updated and now Hippolyta seems to be a rather new and exciting character with many characteristics that I don't think LoL has seen before.

Doctor Awesome

12-15-2009

Very much like the rebuild--interesting new unique mechanics. I'd say you're a strong contender!

Poruku2

12-15-2009

Made a whole bunch of updates.

Does anyone know how to put images in by any chance?

Poruku2

12-20-2009

Round one of contest has begun. I need 3 more votes to be in top section.