@Morello: About Fiora

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackMystic

Member

06-11-2013

Fiora's an assassin in the current meta..why people build her like Caitlyn is beyond me


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Altefeur

Junior Member

06-11-2013

@morello, @red posts, @anybody that will listen, I need to ask a vital question about Fiora's Riposte.

I was doing some research into Fiora for an argument I was making (concerning how Riposte was underpowered), and I came across a rather heavy thud. The aforementioned thud is that Riposte is supposed to negate all on-hit effects. I want to know, does the air-bounce of Draven's Spinning Axe qualify as on-hit for this statement? As in, if Fiora Riposte's Draven's Spinning Axe, does this negate the "catch the axe" effect? If the on-hit is true, Draven's passive is negated, yes, but I want to know if the axe still goes in the air to be caught or not. If my suspicions are correct, then the "catch the axe" is negated by Riposte, and we have a hilariously terrifying, hard counter to one of the metagame's biggest AD Carries. Can someone confirm this for me?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thresholden

Senior Member

06-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmeria View Post
@morello, @red posts, @anybody that will listen, I need to ask a vital question about Fiora's Riposte.

I was doing some research into Fiora for an argument I was making (concerning how Riposte was underpowered), and I came across a rather heavy thud. The aforementioned thud is that Riposte is supposed to negate all on-hit effects. I want to know, does the air-bounce of Draven's Spinning Axe qualify as on-hit for this statement? As in, if Fiora Riposte's Draven's Spinning Axe, does this negate the "catch the axe" effect? If the on-hit is true, Draven's passive is negated, yes, but I want to know if the axe still goes in the air to be caught or not. If my suspicions are correct, then the "catch the axe" is negated by Riposte, and we have a hilariously terrifying, hard counter to one of the metagame's biggest AD Carries. Can someone confirm this for me?
Riposte doesn't negate any on-hit effects, that's one of the buffs we suggested to Morello that was never delivered. Besides Draven's Q should still bounce off regardless.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keybl├Ąder

Senior Member

06-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
As far as design-driven total reworks, yes he is.
Can you tell us, if it is currently in motion? Or if it's merely in the idea's phase.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Altefeur

Junior Member

06-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by thresholden View Post
Riposte doesn't negate any on-hit effects, that's one of the buffs we suggested to Morello that was never delivered. Besides Draven's Q should still bounce off regardless.
So wait, what? Riposte is just "negate the auto-attack damage"? Does it at least negate on-hit damage from items like Wit's End or BotRK?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Busty Demoness

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmeria View Post
So wait, what? Riposte is just "negate the auto-attack damage"? Does it at least negate on-hit damage from items like Wit's End or BotRK?
It will negate physical on-hit damage, such as BotRK, but not magical on-hit damage such as Wit's End.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lead Death

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-14-2013

She just needs a little extra mobility and escape, make her Q able to hit freindly units too, like jax.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Altefeur

Junior Member

06-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busty Demoness View Post
It will negate physical on-hit damage, such as BotRK, but not magical on-hit damage such as Wit's End.
So wait, I want to make sure I have this completely right. Fiora's Riposte is like Jax's Counter Strike, but worse?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Busty Demoness

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmeria View Post
So wait, I want to make sure I have this completely right. Fiora's Riposte is like Jax's Counter Strike, but worse?
You could say that. But Fiora's passive on her Riposte makes up for some of that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Altefeur

Junior Member

06-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busty Demoness View Post
You could say that. But Fiora's passive on her Riposte makes up for some of that.
Only in the early and midgame, really, though. Once folks are into 3 and 4 item builds, 35 AD doesn't mean nearly as much. Countering that would be Fiora building crit to double the worth of that AD, and an I-Edge to raise it further, but the problem with that is that Fiora has no tankiness. Every other melee AD carry, to my knowledge, has some way to become relatively tanky (Yi's Meditate, Tryndamere's ult yes it does count, Jax's ult, Garen's Courage, Lee Sin's Safeguard) or alternatively has a RELIABLE sustain (Irelia's Hiten Style, Yi's Meditate again, Olaf's Vicious Strikes althrough he is more bruiser, Xin Zhao's Battle Cry). Of course, this is me pulling a tangent and I don't want to pull a tangent, so back to Fiora.

Fiora's big three problems are that, while she is a melee champion, she has no tankiness, she has a very poor excuse for sustain, and she has no CC. At least one of those needs to change. And swinging back around to what Morello said,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
plus I still want something sexy for Riposte
I have something sexy for Riposte. Check this out.

Current Riposte: Passive: Fiora's Attack Damage is increased by 15/20/25/30/35.
Active: Fiora parries the next basic attack and reflects 60/110/160/210/260 (+1 AP) magic damage back to the attacker.

My idea for Riposte: be aware that numbers can be tweaked.
Passive: While in combat, for every 10 points of damage Fiora either deals or takes, she gains a stack of Parry. For every stack of Parry Fiora has, she gains 1 AD (or armor, I haven't decided). Fiora can maintain up to 20/25/30/35/40 stacks of Parry.
Active: Fiora parries the next basic attack into the ground, negating the attack entirely (yes, including on hit effects). In addition, if the attacker is within melee striking range of Fiora, Fiora flourishes her blade, dealing a 60/110/160/210/260(+1 AP) magic damage, and stunning them for .8 seconds. If Fiora is maintaining stacks of Parry when the damage is dealt, she consumes those stacks of Parry, and the stun's duration is increased by .02 seconds per stack, up to .4/.5/.6/.7/.8 stun duration increase, for 1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5/1.6 stun duration.

My idea is, she gets more AD in combat (or armor, I haven't decided). This puts her passive to actual use, and, if Parry gives armor, a real question: "do I want to stun this guy into the ground now, or do I want to save my tankiness in case his friends show up?" even further than that, is the statement that the counterattack damage only triggers if the enemy is within melee striking range, so Fiora has viable offense play (let's play chicken, activate Riposte and Lunge in), and enemies have viable counterplay (okay, I'm gonna stand way back here and break your Riposte). If it IS armor, this solves two of Fiora's problems (relatively), in that she would then have tankiness, and CC.