@Morello Any Plans for Shaco?

123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HandyMan62

06-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullettime7 View Post
Personally think Shaco is a candidate for a rework. Shaco has never been truly balanced. He's always floating between under and overpowered due to his kit design and despite popular in high end solo queue (esp in KR) hasn't seen pro player in forever.

He has no late game at all. He's built like a melee carry and gets absolutely melted or he goes bruiser Shaco and does no damage. This means Shaco has to splitpush no matter how fed he gets.

Because he has NO late game, he has to have a dominant early game. Except his early game strength comes, not from numbers, but from his kit. Stealth blinks for level 2 ganks, boxes for jungle invasion, etc. Then because he's so dominant at the lower levels, he has to get nerfed as he has too much impact on a game. That's why he got recently nerfed.

He's like the jungle version of Renekton but even more extreme. Bad late game (Shaco's is nonexistent) so has to be an early game bully which becomes overpowered because he bullies too hard. But they can't nerf his early game without improving his late game without severely hurting the champion and they can't boost his late game because of his kit making his early game very strong even if he's given lower number tuning.

He's a wreck and was listed by Stonewall as one of the game's most toxic champions. Toxic champion design is design in which a champion has too much going for them and due to possible extremes in their kit or frustrating design, is an absolute balancing nightmare. They can float between under and overpowered with as simple as an item change (start of S3 with Liandry's Teemo,) metas shifts can force them to be useless or complete gods (Irelia, Vladimir,) or have a kit that is so frustrating to play against that it almost can't be viable competitively (Shaco, Teemo, old Evelynn, Yorick, Heimerdinger.)
You must be the shaco that Decieves into their entire enemy team and wonder why you get blown up. Buy a guardian's angel maybe?

Troy242621

06-11-2013

Bump

Irbi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2013

Still feels strong to me in solo queue.

Shaco carried me from Silver 5 to Gold 5.

80% personal win rate for me per lolking.

Troy242621

06-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irbi View Post
Still feels strong to me in solo queue.

Shaco carried me from Silver 5 to Gold 5.

80% personal win rate for me per lolking.
Shaco is an assassin with low burst except when he has his L3 double buff. He banks on being mechanically powerful. Honestly, he is outclassed. Unless absurdly fed, he can't do sh*t mid/late. The early game he brings isn't worth the falloff EVEN if you land a few ganks.

Yes, a Shaco that consistently gets six early kills is damn good, but isn't that a bit of a ridiculous spot to set the bar? Champions have been reworked for over-rewardind minimal effort, so I am curious if the other end of the spectrum warrants a rework as well.

Troy242621

06-21-2013

Bump.

Troy242621

06-21-2013

Bump.

Troy242621

06-21-2013

Last bump of the day.

Nores

06-21-2013

Personally I think shaco late game is underrated but its really hard to get there as shaco. He is assassin who can 1v1 most carries if fed. Problem though is that his repeated nerfs hurt him a lot to prevent snowballing and he has trouble farming in jungle until (now very costly) lantern or static shiv.

Basically is shaco gets no ganks off and no cheesy dragons he is entirely useless for the rest of the game and its 4v5 unless you can stall for shaco to split push and eventually farm .

Troy242621

06-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nores View Post
Personally I think shaco late game is underrated but its really hard to get there as shaco. He is assassin who can 1v1 most carries if fed. Problem though is that his repeated nerfs hurt him a lot to prevent snowballing and he has trouble farming in jungle until (now very costly) lantern or static shiv.

Basically is shaco gets no ganks off and no cheesy dragons he is entirely useless for the rest of the game and its 4v5 unless you can stall for shaco to split push and eventually farm .
I agree, but NEEDING about four early kills or falling completely off plus being hated by everyone makes him a pretty good candidate. I get high risk high reward, but he seems disproportionately massive risk, meh reward unless absurdly fed.

Troy242621

06-27-2013

Bump, since his last nerfs, I've honestly alluded towards this but, there doesn't seem to be a point in picking him. His early game really is overrated to be fully honest. Other champinos have stronger ganks and still have a mid/late game. Yes, his late game is exaggerated, but just like everything else with him it's outclassed.

I'm sure this'll be downvoted, but it had to be said. Yes, people mastered him, but he still isn't worth using,...Other champions, when mastered, are still superior at what he does; which is early game dominance. Which they nerfed. They also nerfed Deceive, which hurt split pushing and early game alike.

On a good game, you get fed and do decently all game. Worst case, you DON'T get 4 early kills and are therefore useless for the rest of the game. Seems a bit in-balanced to me.

123456 ... 10