Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Best partner for Yi?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Roman Empire

12-12-2009

Hey everyone, I recently got my friend to start playing this game and he's taken an innate liking to Master Yi (go figure). I'm normally an Anivia player but I made a smurf account so we could play together. My question to everyone here is this: What is the best champion <1350 IP to play with Yi? At first I thought Tryn but I realized they're essentially the same character and don't really cover each others' weaknesses. Any suggestions are welcome, and don't say "every character" :P

Queue

Recruiter

12-12-2009

Oddly enough, Anivia is a good one.

Any character that brings a strong disable to the table to help Yi chase down or escape from enemies early on while laning is going to be good. Ranged is always a plus to counter Yi's lack of it, but no really necessary.

I'd nominate Ashe, Anivia, Ryze, Viegar, Nunu, Alistar, and even Cho'Gath. Basically anyone who Yi can capitalize on a well placed snare/stun. Pretty much somebody who brings something to the table other than raw damage.

The Roman Empire

12-12-2009

Quote:
Queue:
Oddly enough, Anivia is a good one.

Any character that brings a strong disable to the table to help Yi chase down or escape from enemies early on while laning is going to be good. Ranged is always a plus to counter Yi's lack of it, but no really necessary.

I'd nominate Ashe, Anivia, Ryze, Viegar, Nunu, Alistar, and even Cho'Gath. Basically anyone who Yi can capitalize on a well placed snare/stun. Pretty much somebody who brings something to the table other than raw damage.

Haha yea I figured she was, but she's expensive as hell on my other account and I seriously doubt my friend (with 5 games under his belt) wants to be playing in the games I play in. I was thinking Alistar, I've seen him do some pretty amazing stuff. I might give Veigar a try too, he used to be my old main and I believe he's free this week. Thanks for the help!

ThaSnowMannn

12-12-2009

KAYLE...i do blessing n reck n its over...YI will get tha kill...no matter what...

Queue

Recruiter

12-12-2009

Yeah, Kayle is a good one too, with the slow and a heal/move speed buff.

Monxide

12-12-2009

Probably you can consider a Taric as a good lane parter for him. Stun, armor decreasing, heal here and there, and his ult bumping your dps for a significant amount as well... What is not to like?
Alistar is good too, cause of his 1-2 combo and heals as well...

The Roman Empire

12-12-2009

We just tried Alistar. Won the game, but I didn't do so well :/ He feels to much like a one-trick-pony with his Pulverize/Headbutt combo. And MY GOD is he slow as hell. I'm used to it coming from Anivia, but at least she has ranged attacks! I might try Kayle next seeing as she's cheap as hell, not sure if I like playing tanks but I guess I'll give it a try.

TheI3east

Recruiter

12-12-2009

As a player that mains Yi, I can tell you right now. Hand downs, Nunu is the best partner for Yi in existence. BloodLust + Slow + My Exhaust = guaranteed gank every time. My friend and I get first blood 60% of the games we play in when he's Nunu, when he picks Snowball and I get Alpha Strike + Imp. Exhaust

relkin

12-12-2009

NuNu is a great partner like said before also a morghana with good aim is also really good.

Rudeboymike

12-13-2009

The best partner for Yi is a dead enemy solo mid champ. Yi needs to farm, kill, and carry a team to be effective.

If Yi gets behind in kills, deaths, or whatver.. he becomes very useless.