High Ping and Slow Install

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pixell

06-05-2013

Today I tried to log in and play some League, and when I got in game, my ping was at 445, which is unusual, so i tried reconnecting and then it wouldn't let me back into game. Thinking it was maybe my internet, I reset my modem and ran a speed test and had exceptional ping and download/upload speeds, so I tried to login again, same thing, and now I am trying to reinstall, and it is downloading at 156 kbps, when my test is showing 38 mbps. I played just fine last night, so how do I fix this?

Computer :MacBook7,1
Processor :Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
Memory: 4 GB 1.07 GHz
OS X 10.6.8
NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics card

Bombadi11o

06-05-2013

I've been having the ping issue today as well. I've never had lag issues before and my ping is generally 20-50. However, today it's been at least 300 with spikes as high as 1000. Tried restarting my computer, resetting the router, etc.

Computer: 2012 Macbook Pro
Processor: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
OS X 10.8.3

koizakari

06-05-2013

I've had to leave games because it was just straight out unplayable. Before my ping was generally low anywhere from 30-60 now it has just flown off the green. I think it may just be the LoL client especially since it is still in the beta process. I just can't play how I did last week without my champ floating around the screen feeding the enemy team. I don't know, it seemed perfectly playable before the whole mac users getting booted out of games ordeal.

Computer: Mac OS X
Version 10.7.5
Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB