Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

High Ping and Slow Install

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pixell

06-05-2013

Today I tried to log in and play some League, and when I got in game, my ping was at 445, which is unusual, so i tried reconnecting and then it wouldn't let me back into game. Thinking it was maybe my internet, I reset my modem and ran a speed test and had exceptional ping and download/upload speeds, so I tried to login again, same thing, and now I am trying to reinstall, and it is downloading at 156 kbps, when my test is showing 38 mbps. I played just fine last night, so how do I fix this?

Computer :MacBook7,1
Processor :Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
Memory: 4 GB 1.07 GHz
OS X 10.6.8
NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics card

Bombadi11o

06-05-2013

I've been having the ping issue today as well. I've never had lag issues before and my ping is generally 20-50. However, today it's been at least 300 with spikes as high as 1000. Tried restarting my computer, resetting the router, etc.

Computer: 2012 Macbook Pro
Processor: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
OS X 10.8.3

koizakari

06-05-2013

I've had to leave games because it was just straight out unplayable. Before my ping was generally low anywhere from 30-60 now it has just flown off the green. I think it may just be the LoL client especially since it is still in the beta process. I just can't play how I did last week without my champ floating around the screen feeding the enemy team. I don't know, it seemed perfectly playable before the whole mac users getting booted out of games ordeal.

Computer: Mac OS X
Version 10.7.5
Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB