Disable surround sound?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maleficant

11-19-2010

I use Quadraphonic sound on my PC so that I can use my rear speakers for other applications such as watching films while playing games or using teamspeak via my headphones (essentially I set the media player to only play through the rear speakers).

The problem I've been noticing lately though is that LoL is using some kind of surround sound as a default, so I am getting half of the game sounds coming through my rear speakers rather than having all of the sounds in my headphones, completely seperate from the speakers. For instance, the announcer voice will play in my headphones, but battle sounds in a team fight are coming through the rear speakers.

My question is: is there a way to set LoL to only use stereo sound and disable its surround sound functionality? There doesn't seem to be an option for this in the client, and changing it via Windows isn't really an option for me as that disables my rear speakers completely.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jaywatford

Lead Sound Designer

11-29-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hey Maleficant,

I'm sorry to say that currently there is not an option to force stereo sound in the client. Currently the only way to do this is changing options in Windows. We would like to add this in the future for just this issue though.

Thanks for the feedback, we'll keep you up-to-date on any progress we make on it.