Is HoN for me?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryncwind

11-19-2010

I'm a mildly competitive player, I've spent time on the TF2 competitive teams when I had the time (usually as medic). I got to Gold League in SC2 (not the best, but I could get to Platinum except I got bored).

My main problem with this game is the community, I'm tired of having to deal with people who don't know how to play at level 25. I'm ALWAYS one of the top people on my team, win or lose (difference between fact and bragging, this is fact). Creep denying sounds annoying but I suppose I could learn it if the learning curve isn't too steep. I never played DotA but I did play the DotA cross over to SC2 (can't remember the name at the moment). I take my games seriously enough to not want my entire team to pick Evelynn and related characters (not that I follow the tier lists religiously, I know the benefits that Nasus can bring to a team but almost every Eve I get feeds). I try to play tank when our team needs one. I'm sick of people *****ing at my k/d when I picked a tank simply because I locked in last (they all lock in carries so I figure I'll tank). I know how to jungle, carry, support, gank, tank and I even purchase wards (yes, I am level 25). I realize that there is still a lot I need to learn (I mess up tower-dives a fair amount still) but at this point I'm wondering if I'm learning the right game.

j2QJjm9Q07WRRBRT

11-19-2010

Creep denying actually helps your game by making you a better last hitter, which means you will be able to accumulate more gold.

I'd play HoN if I were you, or wait for Dota 2. Most of the people in this community are REALLY bad. Beyond bad.

Even if you get to a high ranking in ranked games you will still get clueless people on your team. I'm in the top 1% of ranked players and I still get people on my team who don't buy wards, don't gank if they are jungling, and they still cry "TANK TANK WE NEED A F'ING TANK!!!" then they pick a squishy carry -_-

This game is not competitive so don't ever try to play it competitively it will be a huge waste of time.

Evilfeeder

11-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by owninoobs View Post
Creep denying actually helps your game by making you a better last hitter, which means you will be able to accumulate more gold.

I'd play HoN if I were you, or wait for Dota 2. Most of the people in this community are REALLY bad. Beyond bad.

Even if you get to a high ranking in ranked games you will still get clueless people on your team. I'm in the top 1% of ranked players and I still get people on my team who don't buy wards, don't gank if they are jungling, and they still cry "TANK TANK WE NEED A F'ING TANK!!!" then they pick a squishy carry -_-

This game is not competitive so don't ever try to play it competitively it will be a huge waste of time.
What's your HoN name so I can look you up. Also, what do you see as "high ranked games"?

It's a good time to try HoN these days, new patch today and HoN 2.0 coming next month (most likely).

Here, grab a key: http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/hon-trial

j2QJjm9Q07WRRBRT

11-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilfeeder View Post
What's your HoN name so I can look you up. Also, what do you see as "high ranked games"?

It's a good time to try HoN these days, new patch today and HoN 2.0 coming next month (most likely).

Sorry I don't play HoN it runs too slow on my 5 year old lap top

In LoL I consider High ranked games to be 1900+

What is HoN 2.0?

Ryncwind

11-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilfeeder View Post

Thanks, I'm downloading as we speak.

EDIT: Who would you recommend for a first timer?

Ssraeshza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2010

Quote:
Sorry I don't play HoN it runs too slow on my 5 year old lap top
That's kind of strange because I can run HoN just fine on my old wreck of a PC but it's a struggle to run LoL even with graphics at a minimum.

I've always blamed the multiple memory leaks that LoL has for that.

Oh and...

Quote:

This.

mike9t9

11-19-2010

hey Ryncwind add me ingame on hon. My name is Ginichimaru. I will help you get started man. For a Beginner i recommend witchslayer.

I already got a few people from LoL trying out Hon and so far they love it.

If you play to win and love to dominate hon is a very rewarding game.

Ssraeshza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike9t9 View Post
hey Ryncwind add me ingame on hon. My name is Ginichimaru. I will help you get started man. For a Beginner i recommend witchslayer.

I already got a few people from LoL trying out Hon and so far they love it.

If you play to win and love to dominate hon is a very rewarding game.
I'd love to get in on some of this.

It's been awhile since I played some HoN anyway.

Skeletal Fury

11-19-2010

If you've never played DotA you'll realize very quickly that LoL is a completly different game from HoN. The learning curve is much steeper and the community, even at low ranks, has little to no tolerance for new players. Most people that play HoN have had a pretty strong background in DotA. Your average HoN player would rather ragequit a game than get a loss on their record. I myself am a fairly good LoL player, but I fail pretty hard at HoN seeing as I have no DotA background, although I am learning by playing on a LAN at school with my friends. HoN is a fun game and has a very competitive atmosphere, so if that's what you're looking for, definitely spend the $30 and have yourself some fun.

facepalmextreme

11-20-2010

Quote:

don't mean to debunk anything that you said about your ELO, but unless you can provide a name it's safe to assume you're just a level 2 scrub.