Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The best time for wards & where?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JRightLive

11-19-2010

Of course this depends on who the enemy team has.. But generally speaking I would attempt to buy a ward on my first trip back to base.. Normally between 6-8.

I think the best places for wards are in the middle of the river just next to the little bush.. Catching both exits of their base is important..

What are the best places for you??

NsX Rust

Recruiter

11-19-2010

everytime, every****ingwhere.

Legomasta

11-19-2010

Early on, you really just need one or two depending on where you are. If you are top or bottom - then get one at least in the first 3-5 minutes when you recall back to purchase items. Place it a little bit to the left of Baron if you're at the top and a little bit to the right from Dragon if you're at the bottom. In other words, place it in such a way so you are able to gain sight of all possible directions an enemy champion might come through. Mid is slightly 'safer' early on due to everyone just pushing and focusing on farming but it's good to buy at least two sight wards for the bushes in the river pass - especially if they have a jungler. If you're Nidalee - spam traps all over the place and you should be safe.

Later on, about mid-game - it's best to keep consistently buying wards each time you return to the shop. Again, at least one or two.. possibly more if no one else on your team is buying them, which they should, but if you can afford it then, by all means, do it. The most 'ideal' places are baron and dragon as well as the blue/red buff camps on both sides. If you noticed someone on their team constantly taking buffs - ward their camps and do the same for your camps if you find the neutrals missing there.

Late game, the entire river area is important if things are still someone stagnant in terms of the pushing game. Otherwise - simply adapt to what's currently going with your match and place your wards accordingly.

Sakagami0

11-19-2010

Best times are by 3:30 and 8:30 if you are still laning

Flyrich

11-19-2010

I think one time that people over look warding is during a push. If you think you can go for a push you need to grab several wards a piece and cover their jungle to counter gank or get out of dodge.

Baalhrezem

Recruiter

11-19-2010

Everywhere after 4 minutes.

4 minutes might be late. Warwick already has dragon.

JRightLive

11-19-2010

Quote:
Flyrich:
I think one time that people over look warding is during a push. If you think you can go for a push you need to grab several wards a piece and cover their jungle to counter gank or get out of dodge.

I think the problem with this is, sometime you have to push (NOW) and don't have time to go to base and buy wards... You kill 2 or 3 of their champs, its time to push while they are dead. No time to blue pill