Chatting with the Other Team.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pants Maclean

11-19-2010

I tend to /ignore enemy every time I remember to. Sure, there's the occasional nice player on the enemy team, but that's vastly eclipsed by the number of trash talking *******s, and it's certainly not worth sifting through the **** to get to the occasional nice guy.

I think ALL chat should at least be disableable by a client option. So then people like me and the OP could just toggle it on and proceed with our lives.

Tram

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2010

*An enemy has been slain!*

<Other Team>[All] xXStalkerDanteXx: omg fking OP no skill <insert hero> / gg i lagged if i wasnt lagged then id pwn u so stfu noskill noob ass

----

Yeah, I feel compelled to communicate with people like these.

Wiredcurrent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants Maclean View Post
I tend to /ignore enemy every time I remember to. Sure, there's the occasional nice player on the enemy team, but that's vastly eclipsed by the number of trash talking *******s, and it's certainly not worth sifting through the **** to get to the occasional nice guy.

I think ALL chat should at least be disableable by a client option. So then people like me and the OP could just toggle it on and proceed with our lives.

But you just answered how to Toggle the chat. Unfortunately for the lazy in us its not simply a click option.

Truthfully the answer should be a better respect of the "summoners code"

.....I almost got through the whole of typing that with a straight face.

Nearly I promise..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH..

Not Olaf

11-19-2010

Excellent answers everyone but you can all discuss this after the game is over though. =P As for psychological warfare? If by doing so you're ruining the other guy's gaming experience totally then wouldn't that just be no different from excessive verbal abuse which in turn would score you a nice fat report from 5 people and potentially a ban?

Point is though there just seems to be no real benefit having all chat and if there is some benefits then theres clearly bigger demerits in having all chats than not considering the amount of abuses I see on day to day basis.

BlazingEmperor

11-19-2010

You need all chat to hear your opponents blame lag.

I mostly use it to praise a good move. (Sniping across the map, baron steal, Fortify against a tower diver)

Raejack

11-19-2010

i use it so the enemy is typing when they should be playing. if i'm dead or in transit i will ask them a question. useful to ask the enemy a question at the start of the game so they're typing while you try to gank or defend jungler.

ModestAxis

11-19-2010

behing a ****** is a good way to frustrate your enemies and push them to over commit...

Its a good and legit way to (maybe not win) but ensure victory.

just like in hockey or any other team sport. there is always this player on a team that gets on everybody nerves.

every good team has one of them.

If you can make a player step out from their game its like if you just permanently denied one of their player.

Anger usually does not compute with GG.

FourFangedCow

11-19-2010

We need to be able to spout our one-liners after we get kills...

Wiredcurrent

11-19-2010

To the Psychological warfare bit. Thats a load of hogwash.. When I first started playing this game I joined a clan in some brief hope to defeat the crushing depression that was solo Q. Within that clan there was a kid who used "trashtalk" as his method of "gameplay" (per the kid) so that he could enjoy the game. If you have to sit there and talk garbage about another human being you've never met because you happened to outplay them, or hell get lucky for that matter then frankly your life has little to no meaning and you need to step away from your computer, go outside, and achieve something that matters past your own imaginary video game accomplishments.

PerAnon

11-19-2010

Without all chat, how could I introduce myself when I play Kog'Maw?