Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Chatting with the Other Team.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Not Olaf

Member

11-19-2010

Let me ask the community. Do we even really need it? I mean its there to get some kind of message across to the other team but about 99.9% of the time it tends to be abusive harassment. I've yet to see a definite reason for one to be able to chat with the other team members through all chat. I'm sure the GMs never get a single day where someone doesn't report a individual who excessively harass others with verbal abuse so why not just remove All chat to remove this problem from happening at all? If anyone can give me a very very good reason why we continue to have All chat please be my guest and surprise me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IMLOwl

Senior Member

11-19-2010

Psychological warfare.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PENHALIGAN

Senior Member

11-19-2010

/mute enemy
cant hear a single one of em. but really sometimes when my teams being a big bag of d ouches i end up talking to the other team. they can have some nice players occasionally. and in aram/practice games for fun i like to be able to talk to everyone.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xPhaxenn

Junior Member

11-19-2010

Well lets say you kill there Nexus or they kill your Nexus.Then you want to say GG right?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cynical Moose

Senior Member

11-19-2010

Sometimes people just have something interesting to say...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emalore

Senior Member

11-19-2010

80% of the time I use /all chat, it's to ask someone who just barely escaped from me how much hp they had left. The other 20% is used to either compliment good play by the other team or to simply partake in conversation.

Then again, I'm probably in the minority in that I don't get angry at games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sturg86

Senior Member

11-19-2010

because if there isnt all chat, how can people start complaining about their teammates to the other team to get the point across that THEY are totally awesome, but cannot singlehandedly win the fight that they tend to just walk away from?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhitestAzn

Senior Member

11-19-2010

thumbs down for your name


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SymphonyOfSatan

Senior Member

11-19-2010

I've made many friends from talking to the enemy team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wiredcurrent

Senior Member

11-19-2010

Because there are some of us that actually mean it when we start off with

/all Gl Hf

or

/all GG