Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dota 2 will have coaches.. [Link]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhitestAzn

11-19-2010

In dota 2, the noobs rate the coaches, and valve looks at these ratings

Seductivpancakes

11-19-2010

Quote:
Xerexsus:
I'm going to feel bad for all the new people who get trolls for coaches.

Which will probably happen since popular games tend to attract trolls and such.

Maikky

11-19-2010

Perhaps they could include a rate system where if the couch helps the person they get +1 and get some kinda reward if they get enough and trolls get -1 and if they get enought -1 they can't couch.

Xerexsus

11-19-2010

Quote:
Maikky:
Perhaps they could include a rate system where if the couch helps the person they get +1 and get some kinda reward if they get enough and trolls get -1 and if they get enought -1 they can't couch.

http://z0r.de/1485 Sorry bro I had to. >.>

wheresmyfreename

11-19-2010

I would love this feature...

I've coached a few of my friends playing LoL and they've all told me I make a great coach

Dezhem

11-19-2010

It's nice on paper but the trolling potential for this is massive. I would assume that the noob in question is able to boot the coach at will though.

Lina Inverše

11-19-2010

The real problem is most players who are willing to invest a lot in helping others are usually not very good themselves. Just how your high school teachers aren't the guy out there making discoveries. You will learn the basics through a coach, but the potential for misconception is so so great. I remember how long I was bad at DotA, not because I lacked basic skills, but because so much of what I'd read in guides was just wrong and I lacked the experience to recognize it as such.

serverny

11-19-2010

Quote:
Xerexsus:
I'm going to feel bad for all the new people who get trolls for coaches.

Actually there will be a karma-like system for coaches, so a troll account will be marked as troll really soon.
And DOTA2 will not be f2p, so to start trolling anew you'll have to buy another copy of game with real $$$.

And good karma will be rewarded with unique ingame stuff(like skins, titles), so people will try to be good at coaching imo.

Renelius

Recruiter

11-19-2010

Quote:
Lina Inverše:
The real problem is most players who are willing to invest a lot in helping others are usually not very recognized.

fix'd

Trueuniquename

11-19-2010

Quote:
JRightLive:
I think this is a great idea for helping noobs.. Riot should pick up on this.
http://gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2010/10/13/dota-2-announced-details.aspx

this thread is new and interresting...

dota 2 will have a lot of features Lol doesnt have

even Hon has replays, voicechat, observer mode, clans, different gamemodes and maps, leaver protection, vote for pause game/kick player, detailed statstracking and other stuff already since the free beta but Riot doesnt care about it
everything they need are new champs and skins so they get more money