Dota 2 will have coaches.. [Link]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JRightLive

11-19-2010

Quote:
Finally, a coaching system is being deeply integrated into the game. By logging in as a coach, veteran players can do their part to help out newer folks. Valve hasn't entirely decided on the specifics of how newbies and coaches will be matched up, but once they're together a few things happen. The coach sees the pupil's screen, and gets private voice and chat channels to communicate with them. The coach probably won't be able to take control of anything directly (once again, the details are currently under discussion), but information is power in Dota 2 and having a mentor whispering in your ear can make all the difference in the world.
I think this is a great idea for helping noobs.. Riot should pick up on this.
http://gameinformer.com/b/features/a...d-details.aspx

Xerexsus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2010

I'm going to feel bad for all the new people who get trolls for coaches.

ILoveCuteStuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2010

this is new and exciting information

Anatera

11-19-2010

old news

Hamsamwich

11-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerexsus View Post
"Go go go, you can take him, your ult scales off of how low your hp is?" "What? it doesnt' say that?" "Ya it does, just go".

I assume, trolls will only get SO MUCH PLEASURE out of doing it, and after awhile, it will gain an equal or greater amount of goats then trolls (Not a reference to slygoat, but a reference to billy goats gruff).

JRightLive

11-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerexsus View Post
I honestly don't think ppl will take time out of their day to 'coach' a noob just to troll them.. Of course some will b/c they are tools, but in most cases ppl just like to help.. I would coach if I could..

BloodGod22

11-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRightLive View Post
I honestly don't think ppl will take time out of their day to 'coach' a noob just to troll them.. Of course some will b/c they are tools, but in most cases ppl just like to help.. I would coach if I could..
Why the hell would anyone waste time teaching noobs and loseing games unless they troll?
It will fail just like Dota 2 that is yet another carbon coppy from the original that gets boreing after a while.

Al3xander

11-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRightLive View Post
I think you underestimate the DOTA troll community sir.

JRightLive

11-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGod22 View Post
Why the hell would anyone waste time teaching noobs and loseing games unless they troll?
It will fail just like Dota 2 that is yet another carbon coppy from the original that gets boreing after a while.

Everybody said LoL would fail due to its lack of competitiveness, replays, maps, balancing, & other things LoL hasn't gotten to.. Yet somehow they are doing quite well. I'm sure Dota 2 will do just fine seeing that many ppl believe it or not never played Dota 1 (like myself).. So it will be completely new to me.

Xerexsus

11-19-2010

Dota 2 should do just fine. This is Valve's attempt to not have a terrible community. I for one hope it works out.