Ezreal's current status

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SarenArterius

11-19-2010

He is fine.

Feral Renegade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2010

AD Ez still > AP Ez right?

WhitestAzn

11-19-2010

He takes more skill, is more item dependant. Otherwise he is fine.

Wiredcurrent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2010

I've been doing a tremendous amount of research on this topic because I recently purchased him. What I've found is that the general presumption is because he can no longer 1v5 another team with Trueshot Barrage the community masses have dubbed him under powered. However if your goal is to be successful with him you go past the all knowing masses and to more specific sources IE: Phreak during his live streams.

Now while Phreak is the extreme end of an example with his level of play it also shows what happens when you actually know what you're doing.

Ezreal is closer to balanced now than he ever has been, but adjustments will continue as time moves on. In the meantime he is still one of the most entertaining carries to play because you actually have to know how to skill shot something that most people wouldn't know a thing about if you look at the general populaces preferred characters.

BlargCow

11-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy01741 View Post
Less damage, more survivability, less utility.

Ezreal builds sheen/triforce for mystic shot then pumps AD. Crits>AD for auto attacking. Ashe can put up far more sustained DPS than Ezreal mid-late game.
she definitely can't

WhitestAzn

11-19-2010

Ezreal with both buffs is a god.

General8

11-19-2010

Ezreal right now is intended to be played as AP especially after the recent buff on his ult and the cooldown reducs he got. His Q hits pretty good early on but late game it doesn't do squat plus his range isn't even that great for a ranged carry, combined with the fact he has low hp; I find he works better as AP now.

If you go for a good build with AP + HP you can hit pretty hard with your ult and your E will do quite a bit.

Ezreal imo if played right can do good damage in team fights as long as he stays in the back behind his tanks like any other ranged carry. The only problem with him is farming, I mean try clearing a jungle creep when you play him as AP, you only have your auto attack and arcane shift plus your speed increase as essence flux does jack ****.

He is a really fun champ to play, but I think they should up his farming abilities. Maybe make essence flux do damage to minions? That will make him have a farming ability like all other range carries (twitch - expunge, ashe - volley, trist - minion expoding, mf - bullettime)...

edit: Also, ez with a decent amount of AP + HP + lich bane > AD considering that you do not have to be in the heat of the battle and can just spam your abilities and arcane shift away behind your tanks and repeat....

General8

11-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Renegade View Post
AD Ez still > AP Ez right?
If your playing AD Ezreal there are so many other champs that do it way better.

Also, if you play him AD, late game only your Q scales your other abilities will do cr@p damage, esp your ult..

Fennec

Recruiter

11-19-2010

Ez isn't worthless as most people make him out to be. Hes not stupidly broken like he used to be in the right hands but hes still very powerful just much harder to use then ashe for most players. If you feel like your up to learning something harder then right click and win then go roll some newbs. Ez is just where he should be in terms of skill used well hes Par with a normal carry but much harder to deal with.

AD is still pretty much the core Ez build AP seems like its nothing but a risk to use well.

Wiredcurrent

11-19-2010

Frankly I've personally came to the decision that AD is still superior because of the fact that Q is his core ability. And as it was pointed out Q is pathetic in the late game against anything with a health bar bigger than a minion.

Put a BF sword on him and build it to IE and you start to see some damage out of his abilities. Put Last whisper on him (Per Phreak) with that and some elixirs, and you start to bring back bad dreams to people from when he used to truly not just be a "carry" but actually be the whole team.