Lux be a Lady... Tonight

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brontobeuf

11-22-2010

Rylai is just AP+HP on Lux.

Nashor has to be compared to Frozen Heart. They have the same core role: 25% CDR.
And if you pay for a nearly-useless stat (AS), you have some AP and mana regen on Nashor.
Frozen Heart is survivability, but it's aura is rarely optimised as you are never in the heart of battles.

I guess that vs casters, I would go Nashor, and against Phys Champs, I would do FH.

gom99

11-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsmith893 View Post
- Does affect her ult, but usually you are looking for the kill with the ult and are using it for its range, so slowing isn't as much of a concern.
If you're just kill hunting with your ult, you're using it wrong. You should fire your ult whenever you can hit 3 people, or if you're defending a tower and want to wipe a creep wave. Sending people back to base, is often good enough to "win" an encounter and get a tower down.

If you don't just use it to kill snipe, even if you are at range, there are 4 other people on your team that can get the kill on a target you softened up. Not that I'm a HUGE fan of Rylai (so expensive) but this comment is misleading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontobeuf View Post
Rylai is just AP+HP on Lux.

Nashor has to be compared to Frozen Heart. They have the same core role: 25% CDR.
And if you pay for a nearly-useless stat (AS), you have some AP and mana regen on Nashor.
Frozen Heart is survivability, but it's aura is rarely optimised as you are never in the heart of battles.

I guess that vs casters, I would go Nashor, and against Phys Champs, I would do FH.
The 3 CDR items I've used are Deathfire Grasp, Glacial Shroud (usually don't upgrade to FH), and Nashors.

I haven't used Nashors in a while, I was quite fond of it when I 1st started playing Lux. But as you get the hang of your combos the attack speed is somewhat meaningless -- although it does help your farming a bit.

But I was thinking of trying an AD/AP build with Gunblade and Nashors to see how that works out.

atsmith893

11-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gom99 View Post
If you're just kill hunting with your ult, you're using it wrong. You should fire your ult whenever you can hit 3 people, or if you're defending a tower and want to wipe a creep wave. Sending people back to base, is often good enough to "win" an encounter and get a tower down.

If you don't just use it to kill snipe, even if you are at range, there are 4 other people on your team that can get the kill on a target you softened up. Not that I'm a HUGE fan of Rylai (so expensive) but this comment is misleading.
Never suggesting it should be used to only snipe people, I was just emphasizing one of the benefits of the ult is its range. In fact the guide I wrote on Lux (page 1 of this thread...) I stress how important it is to constantly use the ult for everything due to its short cooldown, range, and high damage.

In short... yes we do agree.

MBirk

11-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addison16 View Post
lmao, ok, let me respond. I stated Nashor's Tooth because it helps her in every aspect that she needs it (besides health) so the price isn't bad cause all the items that build into it help her along the way. Besides the attack speed there's also 25% CDR, mana regain, and AP. Now, to counter your arguement of

"Nashers also gives no defensive boost. And builds on the idea of standing in 550 aa range for extended periods."

Well, I'm not sure where you got the "extended periods" point from, but let me expand on what I said. Why the attack speed helps is because I like to cast Light Binding, LC, proc illumination, activate LC, then proc illumination again, so the extra attack speed helps a lot so I can finish that combo by the time they get unbound instead of a second after. If I want to play safer and just Bind them, proc illumination, and run, then it helps me do that faster so I will not be anywhere near their attack range by the time binding wares off instead of just leaving. Also, another flaw in your counter logic is that you don't use all three of her skills in a single combo very often since her ult has a decent cooldown until level 2-3 so you simply can't use it in every combo (but with the bonus attack speed you could proc the first illumination then use your ult to proc the second). Anyways, being able to proc illumination is the least expensive way to increase your damage output. Being able to proc most of a wave instead of just half helps you farm faster and is a bonus, not the main reason. Oh, and when you said that it gives no defensive boost, how about the 25% CDR? Being able to Bind people 25% faster is not considered a surivability boost?

My early game items are Doran's Ring, Nashor's Tooth, Sorcerer's Shoes, and Haunting Guise. That's the basic items she needs to be able to do everything that her support role demands of her.....the others are just padding. The last two items make up about half the cost of the build. Zhonya's is active in invaluable late game, but with how expensive it is it would make you be pure ap if you got it first, so I put it more towards the end cause things like CDR and mana regain are more important to me when i'm a support. Rylai's is high in ap plus nice survivability through health and slow, but again it's expensive so I put it more towards the end. And you are right, the last two items are for late game, that is why they are last in the build. Oh, and at the end of your post you stated "and some of the core hp and dps items are build last". Well, the early game build actually does increase these to aspects, but on a smaller scale than the expensive items. Haunting Guise and Doran's Ring combined give 300 hp and Nashor's Tooth gives 25% CDR which I think would help her "dps" (why use the term "dps" on a burst damage mage?). Anyways, I think the difference in "dps" between getting Nashor's or Zhonya's first is small enough that it doesn't counter all the other things you get from getting Nashor's first.

Message back if you want to focus on only one aspect of one item of what I said...like you just did.
you have no idea what early, mid and late game is. 4 items isn't early game.
sorc boots, nashers, dorins, and haunting guise? That's already endgame.
EArly game is dorins, t1 boots. and maybe 1k worth of another item. kindle/fiendish/mejais. that heralds the end of early game, and entering mid game. Wherein you finish your first big 3k item. such as nashers. 6k worth, either 2 3k items, or one and several smaller items is end game.
Your entire build is absurdly expensive.
You are wasting gold on nashers ias. It has no use on champs. The act of casting and the travel time of singularity, or simply popping it will make that .3 attack speed difference irrelevant. Its only value is if you are standing there over long periods of time.
Such as killing 5 vs 3 minions in the 6s duration of illum on minions. Except its minions, you can just wait that 2 more seconds and kill them anyway. LATE game, your singularity with AP will outright kill them, and so will your ult, making your ias further pointless end game.
Nashers isn't the only cdr item. Why not deathfire? she has big cooldowns, having another nuke wouldnt hurt.
SS is infinitely better for her. Glacial shroud. (FH is a waste I argued)

SakuyaSama7

03-06-2011

Lich Bane should be end game, because everyone is heavily stacked by then, and you'll need the passive for your autoattack nuke.

Here's my build
http://tinylc.com/sy

You only really need 1 or 2 high CDR items like Glacial Shroud or Morello's Evil Tome. On my build, stacking them caps out CDR. Sorc Shoes over Ionian Boots for the MPen.

a cat is fine to

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2011

Horrible build. At the very least if you are building RoA make it your first big item. Mid-late game RoA is as pointless as it comes.