Lux be a Lady... Tonight

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MBirk

11-19-2010

Also, glacial shroud sounds like a terrible idea.

I rolled it around in my head. But its 1675. Gives flat mana, and 20% cdr.
While soulshroud is 510health, 15% cdr and 12mp5 aura. at 2285.
That is way better. glacial-fh. FH aura is good for anyone meleeing you. but she has alot of range, and is pretty much dead if anyone gets in due to CC.

gom99

11-19-2010

I have a guide I'm going to revamp a bit to be more general in nature. It has a rushed Lichbane strategy, that I'm going to update.

But a starting build I'm starting to favor is:

Start - Doran + HP Pot more hp is good
Buy Order - Kage's Lucky Pick -> Boots of Speed -> Kage's Lucky Pick -> Fiendish Codex

Total AP = 10 + 25*2 + 30 = 90 AP
Gold = 435 + 35 + 765 *2 + 1245 = 3245g

You're going to sell one Pick and the Ring Eventually so the true total is 3245g - 218g - 382g = 2645g
That's not taking into account if the Picks actually start generating money.

I eventually make one into a Deathfire Grasp, but not always immediately. I like the 2 Luck Picks because Lux is a fairly bad farmer early, however she's a great Harasser, so the extra AP helps out. It takes 12 minutes + selling the lucky pick to get your money back, anything over generates you money. So it's basically a free item, or something that nets you a bit more cash.

What I do from there depends on how the game is going.

Alex Pan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2010

Is Lux viable now?

GIANT DOG

11-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Pan View Post
Is Lux viable now?
she always has been but people have been playing her as a support champion and not as a nuker who happens to have a really good dual root

gom99

11-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIANT DOG View Post
she always has been but people have been playing her as a support champion and not as a nuker who happens to have a really good dual root
I don't know about that, both the guides in the Guides Section have AP heavy builds.

MBirk

11-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Pan View Post
Is Lux viable now?
She is in a better place then before. But she's still weak.
You would still do better with morg, annie, or anivia. Or janna/sona.
The former either heavy damage with some good CC, and the latter strong support with some decent damage potential as well.

Play her for fun, not really to be competitive.

I just modified my build order, and had a great game with it. I'll need to test it some more to see how it goes.

I used to do dorins+pot. boots+ward+meki, Tear, kindlegem, blue elixer, sorc boots, AA, soulshroud. After that situational.
Piecemeal helped early, but does lead to mid game doldrums. I felt ok with this build, stronger then most others. But still found it very hard to get wins. I didnt have enough power to force wins with bad teams. With a true support like janna/sona I can make up for my team and ensure wins. Or with a real nuker, lead teams.

New build was, dorins+pot. mana manip+wards+boot. mejais. kindlegem+blue elixer+sorc boots. SS. zhonyas.
This build potentially ramps up faster then the AA one. Again the piecemeal items give alot of power up front, and build into the very useful soulshroud. While mejais is going to give alot more damage then tear. which is none, until its AA.
Obviously any build that relys on mejais, requires you to stay alive and get kills/assists. And is thus dangerous. Remember mejais is cost effective at 5 stacks though.

I use TP/clairvoyance for summoner spells. I do really like TP on her.
to get back into lane, with those piecemeal purchases. To max exp to keep level advantage. To get to lanes to farm with ult, or help teammates. to TP to wards to steal golem/dragon/baron/redbuff with singularity/ult.
Its a good match with her.

Brontobeuf

11-19-2010

I have hard time not playing flash on her. I play Flash+Clairvoyance.
I should try TP to train myself for the day they will remove Flash...

SpiderEternal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2010

Hmm, I disagree with many people here. Lux's power lies in controlling people, if you take away her utility for nuking power I feel you're wasting the champ. I don't understand why people are so hell-bent on forcing every champ to either be DPS or Tank. A support/CC focused character is vastly under appreciated yet incredibly powerful if played well. I played my Lux build against a 1200AP Lux the other day. Sure she hurt, (a lot, so much pain) but our tanks grabbed Forces of Nature and we pushed as a whole team. The moment she blew her abilities I threw my Q on her, followed by E behind her. You realize how awesome Raylai's is in that scenario? *squish* Point is, she gave up her utility to be a nuker and consequently failed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBirk View Post
Also, glacial shroud sounds like a terrible idea.

I rolled it around in my head. But its 1675. Gives flat mana, and 20% cdr.
While soulshroud is 510health, 15% cdr and 12mp5 aura. at 2285.
That is way better. glacial-fh. FH aura is good for anyone meleeing you. but she has alot of range, and is pretty much dead if anyone gets in due to CC.
Generally that logic works, but certain situations could warrant Glacial. When you have physical picking on you during team fights the extra armor provides enough of a deterrent for you to get away. FH only amplifies this fact through its passive. Still, it's all about team comps and circumstances. He who adapts best wins...

GIANT DOG

11-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gom99 View Post
I don't know about that, both the guides in the Guides Section have AP heavy builds.
perhaps my wording was confusing but what i meant was that people have finally realized that she's not a support hero and have thus started to just build pure AP builds rather than trying out hybrid stuff

Addison16

11-19-2010

I build lux a lot different than yall. I start with

Doran's Ring + health pot
Nashor's Tooth
Boots (Sorcerer's Shoes or Boots of Swiftness)
Haunting Guise
Zhoyna's Ring
Ryai's Crystal Scepter

I can't believe no one has said Nashor's yet. It gives AP, mana regain, CDR, and attack speed. It just so happens that luxs likes all of those. Illumination does about 1/3 to 4/5 of the base damage of her skills, so it is helpful to have some attack speed so you can illuminate them...and this is the best item to do that (edit: it is extreamly helpful when farming). Also, once I have Doran's Ring with the Meki Pendant from Nashor's, I don't have to worry about mana for the most part.

At the end of this build I have 800 health, 40 magic pen, 25% CDR, 356 AP (plus runes), 15/5 mana regain, 40% attack speed, slow, and zhonya's active. Considering that the build is rather inexpensive I would say that those are decent stats. I play her as support and do just fine (an 800 damage nuke is enough for me). Oh, and I use teleport and ghost so I can ult a weak champ if needed (happens a decent bit).

I still play her support. She can kill people, but I would not rely on her to be a team's nuke since other champs do such a better job at it. With this build you can still deal a nice amount of damage to their carries (flat damage if they don't get magic resist) while being able to stop their tanks from pushing. I use her when I need to focus on zoning and she does a great job at it.